• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is it 2012 or 2013?

2-4 against two good teams on the road...I'll take it tbh

Angels are predicted by pretty much everyone to have a better record than the Reds or Rangers and be in the World Series. That was not the performance of a team predicted to be a serious contender.

The story of the first week wasn't who the Angels were playing or where, it was poor execution, specifically hitting w/RISP.  Lots of failures w/RISP and less than 2 outs.  That's not going to get it done.  They also didn't defend particularly well.  Hopefully the upcoming homestand sees them right the ship, or else this will end up like 2012. 

I think the boys needed to make a statement tonight that it is 2013 and they should have won this series.  Everyone in the Angels' organization said during the offseason that April 2012 and the slow start hurt them, and I agree.

It's looking rather slow again...I just hope our Halos prove me wrong and win the A's series and continue in the W column.

I'm going Tuesday night and I really hope I am not disappointed.  Go Halos!

I think the most comforting thing for Angel fans to know is that three of the losses were 1-run games.  Those are 50-50 in nature and the Angels are really more like a 3-3 team based on their schedule and differential. 

Angels will not continue being horrible in RISP and their last six games actually bolds well for the Angels, not the other way around. 

The more winnable games you end up losing, the worse your record is gonna be over the long haul.  Not a strong start to have your first 4 losses all be winnable games.  It takes that much more slack out of the system down the line. 

2-4 is nothing.  Certainly easy to overcome.  However, you are going to have only so many winnable games over the course of a season. It's unlikely that this team can afford to lose too many of those and not have it affect where they end up. 

Exactly Ed. Not sure what I hate more, the excuses that we are playing 'good teams' or the "it's early line".

It's all excuses.

Exactly right, and excuses don't put victories in the win column. Fact is, the Angels are going to have to beat good teams more often than good teams defeat them. That is how you make the postseason. We have the Astros to beat up on, but that is negated by the fact that the other AL West teams will be doing the same thing.

The Angels can get themselves pointed right on this homestand, so I am looking forward to that. If they take care of business they will be fine. But the past three seasons, all ending without postseason, have taught us that there is no 'early'. All the games are equally important. Therefore, in my opinion, it is imperative that they sweep or go 5 and 1 on this homestand. If that happens, they should be fine and in good position.

Exactly right, and excuses don't put victories in the win column. Fact is, the Angels are going to have to beat good teams more often than good teams defeat them. That is how you make the postseason. We have the Astros to beat up on, but that is negated by the fact that the other AL West teams will be doing the same thing.

The Angels can get themselves pointed right on this homestand, so I am looking forward to that. If they take care of business they will be fine. But the past three seasons, all ending without postseason, have taught us that there is no 'early'. All the games are equally important. Therefore, in my opinion, it is imperative that they sweep or go 5 and 1 on this homestand. If that happens, they should be fine and in good position.

I'm surprised with how well the Twins have been playing. Flying from LAA to MIN without a day off, I could see them going 5-1, if they can start hitting with RISP and everything else stays the same.

3 and 3 I'll take, but 2-4 is hardly the way to make a statement. After all, isn't our team supposed to be one of the good teams? Hopefully a good homestand gets them hot.

Would agree....3-3 is a positive start.  2-4 is a disappointing start.  However, it is still just two series.  Will not panic until another week or so!

Both A's and Rangers have already played the Astros maybe that is why they area ahead of us in the standings!