• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ventura Going Game 2 For KC

nando714

yeah i mentioned in another thread I thought it would be a good idea to start Ventura on the road if you're going to use him. As young and excitable as he is, he'll probably be able to focus more on the road and have less chance of being over-amped like he was last night.

yeah i mentioned in another thread I thought it would be a good idea to start Ventura on the road if you're going to use him. As young and excitable as he is, he'll probably be able to focus more on the road and have less chance of being over-amped like he was last night.

Hopefully our fans can do their part in getting him thrown out of his rhythm as well.

The offense should be able to get some off "ace" Ventura. He led MLB in average fastball velocity this season, but he's pitched a lot of innings and faded down the stretch

He had a 2.41 ERA in September. Maybe you're thinking of someone else

anyone watching that Royals- A's game Tuesday night could see Ned Yost's poor in game decision-making up close.

even before Pedro Martinez went on and on during the post-game show about how dumb (actually inexcusable) it was for Yost to replace Shields in the sixth inning with rookie Ventura -- who has never really pitched in relief before -- maybe one game -- and has no playoff game experience instead of the three trusted arms the Royals have in the pen who have been, perhaps the best bullpen during at least the second half of the season (Herrera, Davis, Holland and then a September addition -- sort of like K-Rod in 2002 --Finnegan WOW was he something or what? reminds me of when K-Rod shocked the Yankees back in 2002)........and he goes with Ventura..........Pedro Martinez went on about a thirty minute rant on this in the post-game show (and justifiably so).

Another less commented on move but just as bad, was pinch hitting journeyman infielder Jason Nix for Moustakas in the 11th and then having the less able defender Nix take over for the smoother fielding Moustakas at 3rd.......it made a difference - the A's then tried their small ball game (not nearly as good as the Royals - GEEZ, do the Royals have that get the lead off guy on, sac him to second, or steal second and then have the speedster at second ready to score stuff -- they really did that well last night and most of the second half of the season) so the A's sac bunt, the ball goes slightly airborne but because Nix isn't positioned properly at third and not very good down there, the ball drops, potential tie-breaking run advances to second and scores on a base hit.......if Moustakes is still in, that sac bunt is caught in the air, the potential tie-breaking runner is doubled off first........

dumb stuff. But the A's continuing collapse (Gregerson and Doolittle doing their part) continues.

the A's starting catcher getting knocked out in the third inning had a huge impact on the game as did Crisp leaving the game late.  One wonders if Fuld was in LF and Crisp in CF whether Hosmer's fly ball triple 1.) is caught by Crisp (probably not) or, at least, 2). played better off the carom by Fuld (probably)........

oh well, at least the A's personnel changes there came as a result of injury instead of because of some dumb in game move by the manager.

all of this makes me think we really need John McDonald on the playoff roster but that's probably not going to happen.

pitching and defense wins playoff games.........I guess Beckham will do, but I keep seeing Freese at 3B in the late innings of close game and the Angels losing the game on a two run ground ball that winds up in left field instead of in McDonald's glove with a sure throw to first for out number three..........