• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Tustin officials getting an update on Angels discussions

AngelsWin.com

For us in the Inland Empire the easiest way to get there would be to take the 91 to the 241 toll road to the 261 toll road. The 261 basically ends where the stadium is being proposed.

Sounds like you'd gotta pay the troll to get in  :(

This isn't the midwest Claude. Orange County is basically just one huge city. Crap, from the Valley to Camp Pendelton is basically just one huge city.

It's relevant when discussing how it will be paid for. City tax base is relevant, and while the stadium will be unique, the surrounding retail (which I assume will be used to support the cost of the stadium) will be competing with similar retail all over the county and the immediate population will have to be able to support it.

Yea it's about $3.50

And a quick drive without much traffic, granted it will increase if the stadium is built there. 

The 261 then ends at Jamboree.   Just keep going straight on Jamboree, which is a pseudo freeway at that point until Barranca. 

The ballpark is proposed, it appears, for the corner of Red Hill and Dyer/Barranca.    Take Jamboree to Barranca and turn right. 

It won't be much different from going to Angel Stadium, driving time wise. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

If Arte moved the team there (and that's a big if) I could see him figuring out a way to have the toll paid for and then recoup that revenue with parking. That's what I would do anyway.

That's a great idea. They could validate the toll fee with valid parking permit purchase at the stadium. For people doing the one time toll route they could receive a voucher code. For people with fastrak they could even scan their account as they drive into Angel Stadium parking lot and apply credit toward 241/261 tolls accrued within some time period before and after the game. Arte would likely get more customers (similar to how people didn't mind that he tripled ticket prices because he lowered beer prices), and the Toll company would get more customers.

It's relevant when discussing how it will be paid for. City tax base is relevant, and while the stadium will be unique, the surrounding retail (which I assume will be used to support the cost of the stadium) will be competing with similar retail all over the county and the immediate population will have to be able to support it.

Arte has already said he can afford to build his own stadium.  It would be no different than any other center moving in other than the fact that on over 80 nights a year they have an extra draw, not to mention the other businesses already there.

Arte has already said he can afford to build his own stadium.  It would be no different than any other center moving in other than the fact that on over 80 nights a year they have an extra draw, not to mention the other businesses already there.

There's been no environmental impact study performed. That process alone could take 2-3 years to complete. This is all just a ruse to scare the voters to unseat Tom Tait. The Anaheim city officials know that Arte has too sweet a deal to pack and leave. Tustin is just happy to be mentioned even if it's just politics. Arte will be back at the negotiating table with Anaheim after the elections. I'm sure that the Tustin officials will get some nice wine and cheese.

There's been no environmental impact study performed. That process alone could take 2-3 years to complete. This is all just a ruse to scare the voters to unseat Tom Tait. The Anaheim city officials know that Arte has too sweet a deal to pack and leave. Tustin is just happy to be mentioned even if it's just politics. Arte will be back at the negotiating table with Anaheim after the elections. I'm sure that the Tustin officials will get some nice wine and cheese.

that's a reasonable assumption, but you can find many franchises throughout sports that have relocated slightly outside their moniker to smaller communities in order to secure a better deal. tustin is a viable alternative. 

Arte has too sweet of a deal? I wonder how it compares to every other deal out there, my guess is pretty much the same. The difference is the stadium, owned by the city, is old, it shows well, but it is old. The only other stadiums that are older are owned by the teams, so naturally the teams are the ones on the hook for the renovation of the stadium. I believe what you said about there now being an environmental impact study done yet, only because you have no reason to lie, but it seems as though they would have done that very early in the process of transforming a Marine base into a shopping center or apartments. I must be thinking of something else. Arte may be back at the negotiating table with Anaheim, if for no other reason that to get the deal that they agreed to over a year ago.

Ha ha, what a crock.  Like almost anyone cares who the hell the mayor is.  Besides, that had nothing to do with your comparison of Anaheim and Tustin.  By the way, I've lived in both.  It would be cool to see a nice use of the Marine Base but I also agree that there really is no better location for the stadium than where it is right now.  It is surrounded by freeways and the access is easy, the access would suck off of the 55 or the 5 if you put a stadium in Tustin.  The traffic on Jamboree, Redhill and Barranca is already pretty bad.

Arte has already said he can afford to build his own stadium. It would be no different than any other center moving in other than the fact that on over 80 nights a year they have an extra draw, not to mention the other businesses already there.

Nearly all sports team owners could afford to build their own stadiums, and yet rarely do. Regardless of how it's framed publicly, Arte will be looking for something to offset building costs in the way of free or cheap land, tax kickbacks, or other creative accounting. All of that will rely on the viability of the retail, etc. that would be part of the plan. Not saying it can't or won't be done, just that Tustin's population and demographics will be a factor.

Nearly all sports team owners could afford to build their own stadiums, and yet rarely do. Regardless of how it's framed publicly, Arte will be looking for something to offset building costs in the way of free or cheap land, tax kickbacks, or other creative accounting. All of that will rely on the viability of the retail, etc. that would be part of the plan. Not saying it can't or won't be done, just that Tustin's population and demographics will be a factor.

If Arte is looking for a new stadium to be funded by the tax payer it's not going to happen. Arte knows that he can just throw a paint job on the Big A and replace some seats. He's got the best deal in town. He's not going to move.

that's a reasonable assumption, but you can find many franchises throughout sports that have relocated slightly outside their moniker to smaller communities in order to secure a better deal. tustin is a viable alternative. 

Atlanta being the most recent.

And Angel Stadium isn't only 18 years old.

Edited by Angel Oracle

List of things Claude doesn't like about the Angels:

Arte

Hamilton

Pujols

Trout (not classy like Jeter)

List of things Claude likes about the Angels:

MT, you must be one of those superfans. I'm not, I don't drink all of the Kool Aid. Do you think that Hamilton and Pujols make this Angels team a great team? A dynasty type team for years to come? I'm happy that they made the playoffs but they still have a lot to prove. The playoffs are not the regular season. Edited by Hamiltown