• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

American exceptionalism!

Jay

Again Tank, I expect you are ready to invade North Korea and China as well right?  They are a huge threat to us.

How about Russia?

no, and you're missing the point, i fear.

ISIS has made direct threats to the US and has already executed two journalists. they have essentially declared war against us by declaring a jihad. how you can continue to compare that to the actions of russia (indirect threats from putin), north korea (lots loud noises with little or no action), or china (we owe them too much money) is quite a mystery to me.

North Korea has made direct threats against the US.  They have captured and imprisoned and executed Americans.

We have spent the last 13 years in the middle east and we are right back where we started.

In fact I suspect the biggest reason why we are hearing about ISIS being "a greater threat than Alqueda" is because defense contractors were about to lose their cash cow with us pulling out of the region.

It is absurd, all we have done in the region is make things worse.  If they are a threat then we can defend our country within our borders.  We are doing more damage to our country by spending gobs of money and American lives fighting there.

no, and you're missing the point, i fear.

ISIS has made direct threats to the US and has already executed two journalists. they have essentially declared war against us by declaring a jihad. how you can continue to compare that to the actions of russia (indirect threats from putin), north korea (lots loud noises with little or no action), or china (we owe them too much money) is quite a mystery to me.

two journalists that had no business being in that area of the world and took their lives into their own hands. IS right now is on the same level as North Korea in my opinion. Lots of threats and nothing to back it up. I'd be more scared of North Korea in my opinion than IS.

North Korea has made direct threats against the US.  They have captured and imprisoned and executed Americans.

We have spent the last 13 years in the middle east and we are right back where we started.

In fact I suspect the biggest reason why we are hearing about ISIS being "a greater threat than Alqueda" is because defense contractors were about to lose their cash cow with us pulling out of the region.

It is absurd, all we have done in the region is make things worse.  If they are a threat then we can defend our country within our borders.  We are doing more damage to our country by spending gobs of money and American lives fighting there.

ideologically, you and i may not be as far apart as you think.

i think because ISIS is mobile and not confined to any specific borders that they pose a greater risk right now than the north koreans, who seem to be focused on missile technology and have pretty much isolated themselves within their own confines. not that their actions against americans are less heinous, but they're aren't growing the borders at this point.

plus we have that whole unofficial ambassador dennis rodman thing going on.

I don't hate everything if that's what you're implying. I love kitty snuggles.

from calscuf's facebook page:

"He/She has been there for me since day one. I don't know how I would have made it through the tough times without you by my side. I'm sure many thousands of others out there in FB land feel the same way. So let's celebrate. If you have the best transvestite sister in the world, click 'like'."

Edited by Tank

I'll take that as a "I have no answer."

Thanks.

Ok.  I don't enjoy the internet debate games as much as some others do.

If someone suggested in 2008 that candidate Obama should not be president because of his skin color or religion, that would be racist.

If someone suggested today that Obama should not be president because of his skin color, that would be racist.

If someone suggested today that any of Obama's decisions are influenced by the color of his skin, that would be racist.

If someone suggested today that Obama is a Muslim that would be mostly stupid but I wouldn't argue with you if you said it is racist.

Pretty much anything short of that is not racist IMO, for example:

If someone suggested today that virtually everything Obama had done in office has been a failure, that would not be racist.

If someone suggested today that Obama is seemingly always caught off-guard by world events, that would not be racist.

Hope that clears it up for you.

I'll give you bak, kind of.  But you jump to some conclusion about the others is cloaked in your own bias.  They see Islam as a threat, not because of Christianity, but just because of Islam.  I don't so much, but I doubt it is just Christians who may have that fear.  Regardless, again you and a couple of others bring this topic up way more than any Christians on this forum.

I concur with this. I am Baha'i, and Baha'is have been imprisoned, tortured and killed by radical Islamic regimes in places like Iran. Groups like ISIS are threats even to Islamic governments. It isn't just Christians.