• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

American exceptionalism!

Jay

I don't see it that way at all.  Nobody in the government, any of the coalition's government has talked about it that way.  In fact they have gone out of their way to say almost the opposite.

That doesn't mean that there aren't folks out there that see it like you say.  I'm sure there are, I have seen some of it on facebook. 

A ton of the talking heads are taking it there, and support for the attacks on ISIS only started after they trapped those Christians on the mountain.

In fact, the numbers were greatly exaggerated.  They originally said it was 40k people when in reality it was like 8k.

A lot of the big churches are also calling for America to get more involved because Christians are being harmed.

This isn't just in the US either.  Similar campaigns are happening in most European countries.

I see religion as a threat to humankind.  I never used it as a reason to assault another country or region.

Don't give me the biggest killers atheist shit again.  More blood has been spilled in the name of "god" than anything else, and it isn't even close.

what is the current tally?

By the way I see religion as a threat, not due to murder or genocide.  Because of the anti evolutionary steps taken by religion and the church.  For example stifling scientific research and education.  Banning birth control, etc.

Wouldn't the development of religious thought and all of the consequences that follow just be part of the evolutionary process? 

Why you gotta hate on evolution yo?

Edited by Adam

Wouldn't the development of religious thought and all of the consequences that follow just be part of the evolutionary process? 

Why you gotta hate on evolution yo?

You are correct.  Not all evolution is positive.  Evolution can lead to success and development or it can lead to extinction.

You are correct.  Not all evolution is positive.  Evolution can lead to success and development or it can lead to extinction.

Just to be a dick and an antagonist (unheard of on aw.com) wouldn't being anti-religion in fact be anti-evolution as well? 

He did, many times.

yes and the point wasnt that they did or didnt but the reaction.

has bush done this we would already have flying show meme and all other manner of reactions from the ridiculous to the sublime.. but as usual, if its Obama is a non issue to most.

really looking forward to the day when people hold thier own guy to the same standard they hold the other guy. 

flop, seriously man wtf?

I missed the part where Republicans were bashing Bush up and down all day long.

It is all partisan politics.  It is sad, most people don't vote for someone, they vote against someone.  It is just us against them.  Nothing about the issues.

A ton of the talking heads are taking it there, and support for the attacks on ISIS only started after they trapped those Christians on the mountain.

In fact, the numbers were greatly exaggerated.  They originally said it was 40k people when in reality it was like 8k.

A lot of the big churches are also calling for America to get more involved because Christians are being harmed.

This isn't just in the US either.  Similar campaigns are happening in most European countries.

Nate, you keep saying this and it simply isn't true.  They were not Christians.  Please get your facts straight.  Eesh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis

Even a little would be a welcome change, you dont hear it much at all these days... Obama is untouchable to many.

To dare to critique him is to be instantly labeled a racist as there can be no basis in actual fact, lol 

Just because you don't hear it doesn't mean it's not said. I'm sure there were ton of Republicans towards the end of Bush's 2nd term that was verbal about how they thought he did a crappy job with the Middle East once the dust cleared, just because I didn't hear an outroar of Republican dissent didn't mean it wasn't out there.

And the whole critique = racism, I think you are dead wrong on that

flop, seriously man wtf?

I missed the part where Republicans were bashing Bush up and down all day long.

It is all partisan politics.  It is sad, most people don't vote for someone, they vote against someone.  It is just us against them.  Nothing about the issues.

i said i was looking forward to the time when people DID hold thier own to the same standard.. at no time did i suggest either party has in recent years.  of course its partisan, and thats part of the problem

Just because you don't hear it doesn't mean it's not said. I'm sure there were ton of Republicans towards the end of Bush's 2nd term that was verbal about how they thought he did a crappy job with the Middle East once the dust cleared, just because I didn't hear an outroar of Republican dissent didn't mean it wasn't out there.

And the whole critique = racism, I think you are dead wrong on that

if you think im wrong on that, you are ignorant.  im sorry, you just are, or blind, i dont know which but try criticizing him, see what happens. 

its the same ludicrous argument that calls anyone opposed to illegal immigration racist or guilty of racial profiling. 

Nothing more xenophobic than seeing another religion as a threat.

Hitler saw Jews as a threat.  That went well.

Non-sequitur.

I see Islam's dream of a world wide caliphate as the threat, along with actions taken to further that objective by force.

I would think most Americans would rather not have that.

They can practice their religion all they want in their mosques and pray five times a day and all the rest of it, but when the imam starts in about killing the rest of us, and folks "in the pews" follow suit, that's where they become a big threat.

Nineteen young men flew planes into buildings on 9/11 to contribute to that goal.