• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jean Segura

For sure, Segura is the real deal. I was disappointed the Angels chose to deal him and Amarista away, because I feel like both will be decent major leaguers, but in the long run, if our plans were to keep Aybar and Kendrick then it made sense to get something in return for our prospects.  Segura was an over-pay though.

Ultimately, I see him being an average defensive SS or above average 2B (looks like MIL wants him at SS, I don't blame them, his offense plays up there).  I think he'll be a .280 15 HR and 30 SB type of player when all is said and done.  A really solid player. 

For sure, Segura is the real deal. I was disappointed the Angels chose to deal him and Amarista away, because I feel like both will be decent major leaguers, but in the long run, if our plans were to keep Aybar and Kendrick then it made sense to get something in return for our prospects. Segura was an over-pay though.

Ultimately, I see him being an average defensive SS or above average 2B (looks like MIL wants him at SS, I don't blame them, his offense plays up there). I think he'll be a .280 15 HR and 30 SB type of player when all is said and done. A really solid player.

Yup, you have to give talent to get talent.  Amarista would've been a great addition to this team though.  We need a LH bat off the bench, he'd be that bat.  We'd need a solid pinch runner and he'd be that pinch runner.  We'd need an excellent defensive replacement at 2B or SS and Amarista would be that exceptional defender.  We's need a reserve OF for LF/RF/CF and Amarista would've been that reserve OF.  

If this team would've found someone else to trade to the Padres for Frieri, Amarista in effect would have taken Brendan Harris, Andrew Romine, and J.B. Schuck's job.  The Angels would've had an exceptionally valuable player on their hands. 

Yeah, I'm not big on Amarista off the bench.  He's like a crappier version of Aybar.  We have Conger, Schuck, Calhoun and etc. that are better options for PH.  And realistically, when would we ever use Amarista as a defensive replacement?  We have three CF's in the outfield, and Aybar and Kendrick are both solid defensively.  Romine is fine as an infield replacement. 

He's fine as a bench player for an NL team I guess, but he didn't have a spot on this team.  Getting Frieri for him was a steal.

Brewers shortstop Jean Segura was forced to leave Sunday's game with a left quadriceps contusion, the club announced.

Segura was injured in a collision with Gerardo Parra on a force play at second base. It was initially feared the injury was more serious as Segura was down for an extended period, but it appears he'll be day-to-day.

Segura is 9 for 20 to open the season.

Brewers shortstop Jean Segura was forced to leave Sunday's game with a left quadriceps contusion, the club announced.

Segura was injured in a collision with Gerardo Parra on a force play at second base. It was initially feared the injury was more serious as Segura was down for an extended period, but it appears he'll be day-to-day.

Segura is 9 for 20 to open the season.

From ESPN:

"MILWAUKEE -- Shortstop Jean Segura has left the Milwaukee Brewers' game against the Arizona Diamondbacks with a bruised left quad.

Segura was injured when Gerardo Parra made a hard slide into his leg to break up a potential double play in the third inning. Segura was down for a bit, but stayed in Sunday's game after a brief jog in the outfield."

wtf does this sentence mean?

• 2 weeks later...

Segura is changing the game. He stole 2B, then stole 1B. He then attempted to steal 2B again but was caught stealing

soCGtnu.gif

Gotta love stealing first. If it weren't for getting caught stealing at the end I'd say Segura is a shorter, more squirrely, less racist modern Ty Cobb. 

Amarista got us Frieri, I have no issues with that trade. Our BP was a wreck and Frieri was and is a key piece for its budding turn around.

Trading away Segura hurt, but the Angels are in a win NOW period and Greinke was supposed to be a piece to help us do that last year. Sucks now though. 

The win now mentality has killed this team!