• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AL Cy Young

DW711

It's just all screwed up because of Sales injury.

1.) Kluber

2.) Felix/Sale

You did read my previous post right?

"

Felix will likely end with more IP, lower BB/9, lower ERA,lower WHIP, lower batting average against, lower ERA-, lower xFIP.

Kluber will have a higher K/9, lower FIP, lower FIP-, more Wins.

"

How are people so dead set on Kluber winning it?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11602117/felix-hernandez-seattle-mariners-shot-era-title-scoring-change

Edited by Ender

To use the stats/info you posted above... Their IP are/will be nearly identical. Ditto for xFIP. They have a similar ERA and ERA-. We're talking differences at a minimum.

Felix doesn't allow as many hits but the Indians are arguably the absolute WORST defensive team in baseball per defensive metrics (UZR and DRS). Mariners are in the upper half per these same metrics. Plus Felix enjoys pitching in Safeco, Angel Stadium, and the Coliseum.

There's really no wrong choice here, anyway.

Edited by Angels

Dead set? Where did you get that idea?

Felix pitches in Seattle where they basically dedicate the ballpark to him every time he pitches. Not to mention a much friendly place to pitch. I'd say that's a bit of an advantage right there.

Kluber pitches in Cleveland. A harder place to pitch with the only park that has less of an atmosphere is Tampa Bay.

Kluber has also done better than Felix for the past three months.

Edited by DW711

Dead set? Where did you get that idea?

Felix pitches in Seattle where they basically dedicate the ballpark to him every time he pitches. Not to mention a much friendly place to pitch. I'd say that's a bit of an advantage right there.

Kluber pitches in Cleveland. A harder place to pitch with the only park that has less of an atmosphere is Tampa Bay.

Kluber has also done better than Felix for the past three months.

Progressive isn't a hitters park by any means. I agree Safeco is more beneficial to pitchers .... but I wouldn't say the advantage is gigantic.

Kluber also didn't have to face the 1st Half A's and entire season Angels as much as the Mariners had to!

Edited by Ender

Why are you all saying Kluber? Felix has a better ERA and WHIP, with almost just as many innings as Kluber.

We're taking into account the fact that Felix pitches in a park better suited for pitchers and has a better defense behind him. Kluber's been victimized by the Indians atrocious defense

I just feel Kluber's been more dominant more often than Felix has. 10 outings where he's gone at least 7 IP with less than 2 ER and 10+ K's.

Other than Kershaw, there probably hasn't been a more dominant pitcher this 2nd half. It's an extremely tight race in the end, and either are good options. If Sale never missed time, this would have been an extremely hard decision..but as it is, the innings gap is just too hard to ignore, so he'll probably finish a distant 3rd because of it

I'm fine with either Felix or Kluber winning because both are equally deserving, but I think Kluber's been a shade better

If I were a voter, I wouldn't let past seasons dictate anything at all.

Could Kluber tank next season? Sure, but before we assume that:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/pitching/_/split/182/league/al/order/false/minip/60

That's pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

That link made me sad....

hurry back Shoemaker

Kluber, Sale, Felix...Felix getting rocked when his team needed him the most killed his chances i think

There is no such thing as "when his team needed him the most" ... the team needs the starter to perform well every game. 

How bout all those games where the M's offense didn't score a run for Felix when he needed them most.

Dumb idea.

There is no such thing as "when his team needed him the most" ... the team needs the starter to perform well every game. 

How bout all those games where the M's offense didn't score a run for Felix when he needed them most.

Dumb idea.

and Bill Buckner wasn't the goat in the 1986 World Series because he had fielded many ground balls successfully all season long

Edward Smith should be hailed as a hero for successfully guiding the Titanic for 374 miles

Yeah. You're being stupid.

How is Felix's loss against Toronto any worse than his loss against the Astros on April 21st? Or his 8.1 IP 1 ER loss to Texas on June 13th?

Edited by Ender