• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

C.J. Wilson may start Game 2.

Richard

Yea don't know why some folks brushed off Shoemakers mild oblique strain as no big deal. This injury has given plenty of players fits for how slow the healing process is and how easy it is to re-aggravate it. The fact that he's not letting it loose or throwing off a mound means he really isn't close to returning

Next week they really need CJ to step up in the ALDS or this will be a quick exit for the Halos

Yea don't know why some folks brushed off Shoemakers mild oblique strain as no big deal. This injury has given plenty of players fits for how slow the healing process is and how easy it is to re-aggravate it. The fact that he's not letting it loose or throwing off a mound means he really isn't close to returning

Next week they really need CJ to step up in the ALDS or this will be a quick exit for the Halos

Exactly.

A good comparison to our plight with Shoemaker is the 2007 Colorado Rockies run.

I believe that year Aaron Cook, who was a capable starter for them (a team with also a very questionable rotation) had a side strain, and was out for the NLDS and CS, but came back to pitch for them in the WS.

Obviously, that team went on a freakin tear so it didn't matter who pitched for them in those first two rounds. 

With that example in mind, I don't see Shoe coming back till the ALCS at the earliest.

CJ is jsut going to have to pitch well. 

Rasmus is incredibly instrumental.

Weaver needs to win his start.

It's like I said before, Nibs at home >>>>>>>>>>>>> Nibs on the road.

Even if Shoemaker is ready, his home/road splits (taking out the KC road loss) are so much closer together than Nibs'.

I'd carry an extra pitcher (LeBlanc), if indeed Shoemaker won't be ready until the ALCS (assuming the Halos get there).

Edited by Angel Oracle

The odds couldn't possibly be stacked against us any worse if Shoe isn't able to go.

Would rather see Rich f*cking Hill on the mound rather than CJ

For a road game, agreed.   Nibs is a basket case on the road.

Sure enough, since the ASB:

At home: 30 innings (pitching at least 5.2 innings in every game but one), 3.30 ERA, 1.43 WHIP

On the road: 22.1 innings, 8.10 ERA, 2.20 WHIP 

I hope that Nibs never, eeeever pitches a road game in the 2014 post-season.

If somehow the Halos win the ALDS in 3 or 4 games, then they can come back with Weaver and Nibs in ALCS games 1 and 2 at home, and hope that Shoemaker is ready by the latter stages of the ALCS.

Edited by Angel Oracle