• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's the deal with Freese?

fan_since79

Unless the Angels' trainer is a contributor I doubt we will get a straight answer on this one. But "back tightness" is probably code for- we're going to sit him until we have to play him. They're giving their big guns as much time to rest as possible.

At this point in the season everyone has some kind of injury, i'd be surprised if Freese ONLY had that wrong with him and not about 10 more little things. Imagine what Trout's left side/arm looks like after getting hit with like 5 pitches in the last week.

They're just being careful. These games aren't worth risking aggravating something small and thereby turning it into something big.  

Since June 1:  .282/.368/.427/.795,  which is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Callaspo when playing here.    

Meanwhile, Grichuk in his past 54 at bats for the Cardinals back to August 1 has a .350 BA and 7 XBHs.

The trade is now producing for both teams.   I did hate to see Grichuk traded away though, especially with Hamilton always being a question mark.

Cowgill's emergence as a rock solid 3rd/4th OF takes some of the sting away, but only some.

One of the few questions for Dipoto this off-season will be whether to tender Freese a contract. I think it is a hard call. Freese has been decent offensively, but I have to wonder if Green coukd come close to replicating his numbers. And the Angels will need the cap room if they are going to pursue Shields.

Since June 1:  .282/.368/.427/.795,  which is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Callaspo when playing here.    

Meanwhile, Grichuk in his past 54 at bats for the Cardinals back to August 1 has a .350 BA and 7 XBHs.

The trade is now producing for both teams.   I did hate to see Grichuk traded away though, especially with Hamilton always being a question mark.

Cowgill's emergence as a rock solid 3rd/4th OF takes some of the sting away, but only some.

Huh? Callaspo's 2011 and 2012 seasons were both 3.4 WAR and  Freese is at 1.5 this year. Freese has clearly been better lately and will clearly now been tendered a contract, but you're really overstating how good he is.

Also, Bourjos is only 0.1 WAR behind Freese this year despite getting only a fraction of the playing time.

well now that we've clinched best record due to O's loss -- no need to play anyone with even the slightest issue.......

Saturday's game likely going to be a Spring Training like game.

I think KC clinches tonight and doesn't that eliminate the M's from Wild Card contention?

Since the Mariners are still in it (but hanging by a thread), Scioscia said he will field his regular lineup "for the integrity of the game".

If Freese explodes in October as his reutation precedes. I think I would actually be surprised. I like Freese and feel he's more of the 2nd half payer we saw instead of that guy from the first half.

He won't hit 20 HR again and he's only ok at 3b, but if he really is an October stud, I can live with him batting .280

If Freese explodes in October as his reutation precedes. I think I would actually be surprised. I like Freese and feel he's more of the 2nd half payer we saw instead of that guy from the first half.

He won't hit 20 HR again and he's only ok at 3b, but if he really is an October stud, I can live with him batting .280

Didn't he suck in last year's WS though? 

Huh? Callaspo's 2011 and 2012 seasons were both 3.4 WAR and Freese is at 1.5 this year. Freese has clearly been better lately and will clearly now been tendered a contract, but you're really overstating how good he is.

Also, Bourjos is only 0.1 WAR behind Freese this year despite getting only a fraction of the playing time.

It is mainly for his June-current production.

April-May was basically non-existent.

Compared to all 3B after Glaus, Freese's June-September is upper echelon.