• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most Wins in the last 10 years

stormngt

I found this interesting:

yankees 931 Angels  906 Boston 888 Detroit 859 Oakland 838 Texas 835

Despite our so called "losing seasons" the last four years, the Angels have averaged over 90 wins a season for the last ten years.  We are only second to the Yankees.

Oh for the Billy Bean Haters:  A's have the 5th most wins over the last 10 years.

How many titles over the last 10 years for these teams?

Yankees 931 Angels  906 Boston 888 St. Louis 887 Philidelphia 872 Detroit 859 Dodgers 851 Oakland 838 Texas 835 Brewers 820

This is four the ten year period between 2005-2014.  Granted since there are three games left, these numbers can change.  Texas could catch Oakland.  I am surprised the Dodgers are that high.  I thought it was just recently that they started playing well.

I got these numbers from ESPN

These numbers do bring light to a debate in another thread.  How many of you guys would trade our Division titles and 906 wins for Chisox 816 wins and a WS title 2005?

Or how about the Marlins, a title in 2003 but for the last ten years: 763 wins?

The Angels have more wins that both Boston and St. Louis, but the Cards have two titles and Boston 3.  

The Brewers having more wins than the Giants the last 10 years is surprising

Titles really mean nothing in baseball, honestly.  Once you're in the playoffs it is basically completely random as to who is going to go all the way.  Given how this season could have gone, I'm happy with what we've done this year regardless of the playoff outcome.

Only an Angels fan could believe this.

I'd rather have fewer wins and be Boston or Texas (or even the Chicago White Sox) than have the title of most wins over the last 10 years without so much as an appearance in the World Series.