• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Santiago gets hammered today

fan_since79

This is going to be an odd comment- but seeing as how the Angels clinched the division early and only need wins for ALCS HFA, is it weird that I wish we were playing better teams in the last couple weeks? It's nice that LeBlanc is pitching shutouts against our division foes but let's face it- they have TERRIBLE offenses so are we really seeing what kind of performance we'd see him have against, say, the Orioles/Tigers/Royals? I mean- Bedrosian shut down the A's for 2 innings... what does that say about their hitters?

Honestly the Astros and Rangers are both hotter than the M's and A's which is why i was encouraged by Weaver's performance. Although now he has the flu. they should never have allowed our starters to even enter that disease ridden O.co

I think Shoemaker will start, by hook or by crook, in the ALDS. 

what I'd like to know, from anyone who has knowledge of the subject, is if pitching with the oblique strain can cause further damage? If not, and it's really just a case of prolonging the time it takes to heal, then yeah I'd say you're right, he'll pitch no matter what. But if it's similar to an arm/elbow issue where he could really do some damage, then I highly doubt he pitches in the ALDS. With the state of the rotation and payroll, Shoe is going to be counted on as a major piece of the rotation moving forward.

what I'd like to know, from anyone who has knowledge of the subject, is if pitching with the oblique strain can cause further damage? If not, and it's really just a case of prolonging the time it takes to heal, then yeah I'd say you're right, he'll pitch no matter what. But if it's similar to an arm/elbow issue where he could really do some damage, then I highly doubt he pitches in the ALDS. With the state of the rotation and payroll, Shoe is going to be counted on as a major piece of the rotation moving forward.

Good point. I haven't looked this up, but from the reports that he's doing better, I just figured he could pitch in a crunch.

Management hasn't mentioned that he needs to be 100% to pitch, although that has always been assumed. My thinking is if he's experiencing any "real" pain, Shoe won't even take the mound. But if he can deal with it and still be somewhat productive, he'll try. It's the postseason and this could be a one-in-a-lifetime shot for Shoemaker. With all our pitching question marks, who know if Arte gets a couple of pitchers via free agency and Shoemaker could be traded or something. Remember his background.

Also, and I'm sure it's been said but: it is absolutely mind-boggling that we're sitting here in the last week of the season with the best record in baseball, and we're praying that Matt Shoemaker will be healthy enough to be our #2 starter in the playoffs. 

We were all sure DiPoto would get someone when Richards went down, but maybe they're testing these guys. Maybe Arte didn't want to give any more money or the take on the give and take trade was too high.

I also think they didn't envision the struggles of Wilson and Santiago which has made these last weeks really nail-biting.

We were all sure DiPoto would get someone when Richards went down, but maybe they're testing these guys. Maybe Arte didn't want to give any more money or the take on the give and take trade was too high.

I also think they didn't envision the struggles of Wilson and Santiago which has made these last weeks really nail-biting.

yeah i really wasn't pointing it out as a judgment of what Dipoto did or didn't do, just amazing the twists and turns a baseball season can take.

Good point. I haven't looked this up, but from the reports that he's doing better, I just figured he could pitch in a crunch.

Management hasn't mentioned that he needs to be 100% to pitch, although that has always been assumed. My thinking is if he's experiencing any "real" pain, Shoe won't even take the mound. But if he can deal with it and still be somewhat productive, he'll try. It's the postseason and this could be a one-in-a-lifetime shot for Shoemaker. With all our pitching question marks, who know if Arte gets a couple of pitchers via free agency and Shoemaker could be traded or something. Remember his background.

I think it's much less about how much pain/discomfort he's feeling - I have no doubt Shoe would be willing to pitch through any amount of pain in the playoffs - and what, if any, consequences there could be on his future health.

I think it's much less about how much pain/discomfort he's feeling - I have no doubt Shoe would be willing to pitch through any amount of pain in the playoffs - and what, if any, consequences there could be on his future health.

Or if his body is physically capable of hurling a small object precisely 90-100 times at about 90 mph for an hour and a half straight. God I wish they had pulled him just one inning earlier... That's why i'm glad Scioscia hasn't been pushing it with Rasmus and has Weaver on a shorter leash than usual. 

What's this about Weaver having the flu?? I hadn't heard that.

He stayed back at the hotel a couple nights ago in OAK. Don't think it's anything to be too concerned with. Better now than a week from now. Don't see any reason why he wouldn't be completely over it by the time the playoffs start.

Also, and I'm sure it's been said but: it is absolutely mind-boggling that we're sitting here in the last week of the season with the best record in baseball, and we're praying that Matt Shoemaker will be healthy enough to be our #2 starter in the playoffs.

baseball doesn't make sense on paper. In 2012 we had a rotation of Weaver, Greinke, Wilson, Haren, Santana and we were eliminated this time last year.

To many of us here it was pretty obvious that we needed to pick up SP at the trade deadline.

I wanted us to pick up SP in the offseason. We knew from that point that we were only two injuries away from our current situation.

Edited by ScottLux

What's this about Weaver having the flu?? I hadn't heard that.

One of those things that social media people are freaking about in twitter feeds and comment sections. The only real concern was if he might be contagious- that's why he wasn't at the park last night. He'll be fine. Scioscia said he might push his Friday start if he needs an extra day. 

One of those things that social media people are freaking about in twitter feeds and comment sections. The only real concern was if he might be contagious- that's why he wasn't at the park last night. He'll be fine. Scioscia said he might push his Friday start if he needs an extra day. 

On Twitter they make it sound as if the Angels have a one-man rotation ... of CJ Wilson.