• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Watching the Postseason without cable?

Michifan

So, our family is cutting the cable and going the roku route. Overall I think it's a good idea, except that the ALDS and ALCS are on TBS, which requires subscription TV access even to their streaming service. So, I see that there has been something called Postseason TV through MLBTV, but I don't see the option to purchase it at least not yet. Does anyone know anything about it or have suggestions? I hate to have to go to a sports bar every game or bum a view from my buddy.

Sucks. I'm in the same spot because MLBtv quits when the postseason starts. When i bought it there was an option for postseason games for an extra charge but apparently i was really stupid to think it would be available to add on later should my Angels make the postseason. 

MLB should have a PPV option on their app for postseason games. They'd make money off of me for sure. 

Sucks. I'm in the same spot because MLBtv quits when the postseason starts. When i bought it there was an option for postseason games for an extra charge but apparently i was really stupid to think it would be available to add on later should my Angels make the postseason. 

MLB should have a PPV option on their app for postseason games. They'd make money off of me for sure. 

It must have to do with TBS/TNT having exclusive rights to those division series. 

Thanks everyone. Looks like the sucks boat has a few passengers. I think we're nearing cables' last stand and that sports will have to have on demand options to keep viewers. In the meantime, I hate it when playoff sports, baseball or basketball are on cable only networks. Looks like me and my friend and me and wild wings are going to see a lot of each other in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks everyone. Looks like the sucks boat has a few passengers. I think we're nearing cables' last stand and that sports will have to have on demand options to keep viewers. In the meantime, I hate it when playoff sports, baseball or basketball are on cable only networks. Looks like me and my friend and me and wild wings are going to see a lot of each other in the next couple of weeks.

Get cable for the few weeks that you'll need it for the playoffs. Then, get rid of it. It will save you money and probably a few pounds for all of the money you'll be spending at the sports bar and all of the beer you'll be drinking and chicken wings you'll be eating.

Per the mlb.tv link on mlb.com (you have to scroll down to see it):

Postseason Live Blackout: Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, during the MLB Postseason, all live games except for those games for which Authenticated Access is available, will be blacked out in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada. If you are an MLB.TV Subscriber in an area subject to blackout each of these games will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the applicable game.

Postseason.TV: Subscribers to Postseason.TV, available only during the MLB Postseason, will be able to view live alternative video feeds (excluding the broadcast feed) from MLB Postseason games without blackout restrictions.

Live Audio of those games subject to the blackout restrictions reflected above is available as part of any MLB.TV subscription, as part of MLB.com Gameday Audio.

Get cable for the few weeks that you'll need it for the playoffs. Then, get rid of it. It will save you money and probably a few pounds for all of the money you'll be spending at the sports bar and all of the beer you'll be drinking and chicken wings you'll be eating.

That's what I did for my grandpa when he wanted to watch the World Cup. Got it for a month, was about $70 including the fees.

Edited by tennischmp

I also have no cable. Last year I bought the MLB.TV post season thing. I think it was like 15.00. It was better than nothing but it was NOT the broadcast of the games. It is meant for the UBER baseball fan who would have the game on and then in additional this thing with all the extra camera angles. It actually had no announcers or anything. 

I too am a cord-cutter.  I'm hopeful (though doubtful) that I can watch playoff games online via TBS's website with a cable provider password.  But they've got this sports thing so locked down, and the cable/satellite companies know sports are our last cable/satellite using weakness, so I'd be jiggered if TBS will make it that easy.

I also don't have cable.

I use the roku with an mlb.TV subscription and an unlocator.com account to catch angel games. Of course this is no good for the playoffs.

If I could lay the radio broadcast on top of postseason.tv I'd be more than happy. Mlb.TV has this feature where I can pick to hear the radio broadcast instead of the TV feed. Anyone know if that exists for postseason?

For alds my plans are: game 1 at my brothers, game 2 attended, game 3 sports bar. Haven't figured out the rest.

I usually keep my directv package pretty basic (even the most basic package gets FSWest) and then when I know something is coming on that I want to watch I'll upgrade the package for the month and then down grade again. I agree the cable bills are just ridiculous now a days and I wish I could completely cut out the cable but being stuck with just amazon prime would be boring.