• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Change of approach didn't work for Angels' Santiago

AngelsWin.com

Maybe, but the Angels aren't really in a position to be trading away young, cost-controlled pitching. They need like, 2 more starters next year.

I don't think he has bad value around the league though. We could easily flip him to the NL for a SP prospect who is near ready.

That still leaves the Angels with holes in the rotation. Skaggs is out the whole year, Wilson is a gigantic question mark, Weaver is basically a solid number 2 starter at this point, and Richards may very well be out for the first month or two of the year (and who knows how he will pitch when he returns). So they have this as the opening day rotation next year most likely:

Weaver (still good, but getting older)

Wilson (is he going to re-find himself or pull a Dan Haren?)

Shoemaker (Definitely a good back end option but will he continue his success?)

Leblanc

???

And then pretty much nothing for depth. Even if Santiago were to land them a "NL prospect who is near ready". Even when Richards comes back, that's a very questionable rotation. They need as many options as they can, and Santiago is one of them. I don't see how trading him makes any sense whatsoever.

hector is kind of an idiot.  Dude was doing very well with his nibbly CJ approach and his junk ball repertoire.  Then he changes it to get deeper into games.

Didn't he do that early in the year when he struggled? 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Give us six and hit the shower Hector.  

He's young, emotional and gets frustrated...I don't see how these equate to a bad attitude.  The guy sounds like he's willing to whatever it takes to be an effective starter, including going out of his confort zone and trying new things.  It didn't work, so be it, but worth a shot.  Fact is the Angels need  starting pitching next year and he has the ability to give quality innings. 

He's young, emotional and gets frustrated...I don't see how these equate to a bad attitude.  The guy sounds like he's willing to whatever it takes to be an effective starter, including going out of his confort zone and trying new things.  It didn't work, so be it, but worth a shot.  Fact is the Angels need  starting pitching next year and he has the ability to give quality innings. 

Pretty much this.

I heard an interview with Hector on the radio and I liked what I heard.

Obviously we don't like to see him lose control of himself on the Gatorade cooler etc.  What's most concerning though is the head-shaving, that's weird.

Doesn't mean he has a bad attitude though.

Trade him in the offseason. Don't like his attitude, nor fit with the team.

Hector wants to stay in the game longer, so he changes his approach to try and help the team by limiting the number of innings the bullpen needs to pitch..

How does this desire to help a team not fit within any team sport?  How does this attitude suggest that he needs to be traded?