• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Atlanta Braves GM fired (for pretty much no reason)

sneaky_flute

Upton is an example of why character matters. He fell off a cliff right after he got his huge contract. He was/is also supposed to be in the prime of his career. He got his money and I bet he doesn't give a shit anymore.

i don't think that's fair. i've seen lots of stories about the work he's put in to get over the hump. i think the problem is that he was never really that good to begin with. baseball is littered with the stories of players who had brief success to start their careers, but were unable to make the necessary adjustments to the game.

The owners are quite strange. First, they get the taxpayers to subsidize a completely unnecessary stadium and then they fire a GM responsible for 4 consecutive 90-win seasons. 

The Braves have developed a disturbing tendency to fade into oblivion in September. The only thing that surprises me about this is the timing - that, and that manager Fredi Gonzalez wasn't fired first. There were also the ill-advised contracts on a club not financially equipped to make a lot of mistakes in that area.

He was a solid and consistent starting player for 6 years from 07-12. I'm not sure where people get this idea that he wasn't any good. His wRC+ was better than average for 5 of those 6 years. Plus he had defensive and baserunning value. He was a solid player. He signs a huge contract and instantly becomes unrecognizable. He was 27 when he signed it and he didn't/doesn't have any injuries that would help explain any of this.

I apologize if he just randomly lost his abilities overnight after the contract was signed, though.

He was a solid and consistent starting player for 6 years from 07-12. I'm not sure where people get this idea that he wasn't any good. His wRC+ was better than average for 5 of those 6 years. Plus he had defensive and baserunning value. He was a solid player. He signs a huge contract and instantly becomes unrecognizable. He was 27 when he signed it and he didn't/doesn't have any injuries that would help explain any of this.

I apologize if he just randomly lost his abilities overnight after the contract was signed, though.

These guys aren't robots man, shit happens sometimes. I refuse to believe that he's content with his performance. Yeah, he's getting paid,but no one wants to be complete garbage at what they do. That's absurd.