• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Wilson walks into a load of trouble for Angels

AngelsWin.com

I am glad the Angels made the playoffs.

I hope CJ is not part of the playoff plan.  I have no idea what the alternative is.....but CJ should not be an option.

I am glad that Scioscia pulled him early to preserve his health.  Race car driving is a demanding sport.

The Angels have no choice but to make Wilson an option in the postseason. Otherwise, we're reduced to a rotation of Weaver and Santiago, and who knows what after that. He'll be pitching in the #2 or 3-spot, period.

This assumes Shoemaker cannot return, but even if he can come back will he be at full strength and effective? Lots of question marks right now.

Will Wade LeBlanc shock everyone and be a playoff hero?? Rasmus??

I would give Rasmus a start in the post season. In his 5 starts, he has given up just 8 hits and 4 walks in 16 innings, while striking out 16 for an ERA of 1.69.

I realize he hasn't been facing guys a third time through the lineup (or even a second time in some instances), but I have way more confidence in him giving us a solid 4 innings than CJ

He says he figured out what the problem was.

He'd better be right.

Gubi pointed out the problem during the telecast. CJs leg was landing way before his arm motion finished. Like he said, you can't pitch effectively if your bottom half is going faster than your arm motion. It's odd to me because CJ tends to have a high leg kick so his arm motion must have been very slow

why is he still figuring stuff out in late September? Why didn't Butcher see that problem and go out and talk to him? (maybe he did and we/I didn't see it?) 

I think he's a total head case. We're going to roll the dice with him in at least 1 postseason start, and hopefully we get the good/decent CJ that day.

Meh, maybe if CJ does really poorly they might step up and sign a Lester type to solidify this staff for next year.  Most of the first half it seemed they were trying to find a bullpen, most of the second half has felt like they have have been patching holes in the rotation.

They have found a way to win all year -- just need to find their way for one more month.

The worst thing about CJ is his starts are like watching a train derailment in slow motion. He doesn't give up the damage quickly, its a slow agonizing death for the team. The days he starts, are almost unwatchable. Even when he is pitching well.

"Would you rather be shot once in the head, or five times in the chest and bleed to death?"