• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Hamilton, Shoemaker remain iffy for ALDS

AngelsWin.com

They'll both be back for the playoffs.  You know it can be a once in a lifetime opportunity for a lot of players and they'll play hurt undoubtedly. 

I agree. I can't see them both not contributing in the ALDS. I was just hoping Shoe and Hamilton could get in a game before the end of the regular season to prep for the postseason. 

If Shoemaker is out, the Angels have zero chance to win the world series.

I agree.  Hes beaten a lot of aces this year, he has the makings of a big game pitcher.  He can strike people out and he keeps the ball down, plus his numbers dont suggest hes been a fluke.  Hes been arguably the most dominant pitcher of the 2nd half.  

I also dont think any of the lineups in the AL are that good.  The only one that could worry me is Detroit, Shoemaker threw 7 shutout innings against them when he faced them in July.  Then you have KC, best hitter has an OPS under .800.  Baltimore has no depth in their lineup, basically 2 or 3 productive guys but no real superstar talent.  Oakland and Seattle, yeah.  

Edited by QuinlansMinion

I think that is an optimistic outlook. Weaver is good. CO and Santiago are the type of pitchers 500 teams. We don't have any other starters so I would say a rotation of a sub 500 team. Angeles pulled off a miracle winning the way they did.

The rotation deep down was always a bit of a facade going into 2014. Now it's basically one you would find with a .500 team.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this team won a World Series with Kevin Appier starting game 2 and Ramon Ortiz starting game 3. With the bullpen as deep as it is, it's going to come down to whether the offense is clicking or not.

The problem is we don't even have an Appier or Ortiz.............all we got besides Weaver is CJ I can't even last 1 inning Wilson and Hector I can't find the stirke zone Santiago.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this team won a World Series with Kevin Appier starting game 2 and Ramon Ortiz starting game 3. With the bullpen as deep as it is, it's going to come down to whether the offense is clicking or not.

2002 Washburn >>>>>  2014 Weaver

Lackey, Ortiz, Appier >>>>>> 2014 staff without Shoe 

Weaver's a 6 inning pitcher - a good one

Santiago is inconsistent and young

CJ is just awful

Rasmus is a 3-4 inning pitcher

Those are our healthy pitchers that will make the postseason roster and can throw at least 3 innings. It's a tall order for a bullpen, I don't care how stacked it is. You can't blame Dipoto for injuries striking, but many here were clamoring for him to go out and get another proven starter. In hindsight he should have. Oh well, let's let it play out and hope Shoemaker gets healthy.

Rotation minus Richards, Shoe, and to a lesser extent Skaggs = SH#T!

That's like Dodgers losing Greinke, Ryu, and Haren. 

More like the Dodgers [hypothetically] losing Kershaw, Ryu, Beckett and Haren leaving a rotation of Greinke + random scrubs.

This is where finishing with the best record should help in the ALDS. Best case scenario IMO would be playing KC, who really only have 1 very good pitcher. If Shoemaker isn't ready to go in the ALDS, I still think the Angels could squeak through against KC and then hopefully get Shoe back for the ALCS.