• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FORECASTERS PREDICT DWINDLING CHANCES OF EL NINO

gotbeer

I don't know how you can look at all the completely dried out reservoirs, lakes and rivers and not think:

a) this is really bad and CA obviously cannot support its population

B) we should totally dry out the rest of the country like this!

By the way, most experts are saying that it will take more than 100 years to get CA's reservoirs, lakes and rivers back to the pre-drought capacity.

California produces almost half the fruits, vegetables and nuts in the country. If the farms shut down because of a lack of water while the Midwest is drowning in runoff from another Polar Vortex, we are all going to have issues.

If there was a way to harness that water and get it to CA, we would all be better off.

I am tired of all the Anti-California bull**** that goes on all over the US. If you don't like the state, that's fine, move or don't visit, but keep your mouth shut. Especially while you are chewing all the fruits and vegatables you get from the state

Rofl!!!  That is exactly what I am talking about.  That is insane greed.

By the way the mid west is not drowning in anything.  The great lakes are all at historically low levels.  Polar vortex is temperature, it has nothing to do with precipitation.

Maybe you should stop watering your lawn so the ag industry can have the water instead.

By the way I was just as critical of CA before.

The idea that anyone thinks it is ok that after CA sucked all the water in the region dry, they can now suck all the water from the midwest dry, is insane.  This is the kind of behavior that will absolutely destroy this country.

CA has way too many people living there than the water tables can handle, if that isn't obvious right now then I don't know what.

It isn't 75% agriculture either, there is actually less ag in CA now than there was 25 years ago.  The population however is far bigger.

Nate, why do you keep spewing false information when simple Google searches make you look silly?  You do this a lot. 

Below, a UCLA graphic shows 77% of our water usage is agriculture.   http://www.environment.ucla.edu/reportcard/article4870.html

water-fig1-lrg.jpg

Rofl!!!  That is exactly what I am talking about.  That is insane greed.

By the way the mid west is not drowning in anything.  The great lakes are all at historically low levels.  Polar vortex is temperature, it has nothing to do with precipitation.

Maybe you should stop watering your lawn so the ag industry can have the water instead.

Polar Vortex is about temperature, but it also brings precipitation.

As of March 2014, The majority of the Mid-West and Eastern Seaboard received more than 200% of their average annual snowfall.

Minnesota and Western Wisconsin had their second wettest April on record.

There is a good chance that the Polar Vortex will return bringing more record snowfall with the cold. Last time I checked, snow was just really could water.

I cold go on, but I need to go water my fruit trees.
Edited by Sully151

Nate, why do you keep spewing false information when simple Google searches make you look silly?  You do this a lot. 

Below, a UCLA graphic shows 77% of our water usage is agriculture.   http://www.environment.ucla.edu/reportcard/article4870.html

water-fig1-lrg.jpg

If we allow everybody's grass to die the reservoirs will return to their pre-drought levels in 99 years rather than 100.

Right, lets not conserve because we are only a small part of the problem.

Virtually every city's municipal code demands that we keep our yards green, so there's not much we can do. 

Besides, if you read the pie chart that I posted, you'd see that residential landscaping has very little to do with it. 

If Idaho is drowning and I can use some of their water so my lawn doesn't die, don't we both win?

Except it never works that way.  CA has already emptied reservoirs far away from the state by re-routing the water.

Also, since Ag is more important shouldn't it go to them instead?