• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FORECASTERS PREDICT DWINDLING CHANCES OF EL NINO

gotbeer

Yeah, my buddy lives next to a lake/reservoir and you can see all the layers of depreciation as its drying up. Pretty drastic change from where it did sit til now.

I have a business partner considering a front office gig for a start up that is basically running a pipeline from the great lakes area to either SoCal or Arizona for drought protection.

I've always wondered why the Aqueduct doesn't extend north, to Portland and Seattle, and even into Canada.  While Seattle has been in a drought this year, usually they are pumping out way more water than they know what to do with.  

Found this article from February. Apparently there are some desalination plants in the works.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Desalination-plants-a-pricey-option-if-drought-5239096.php

Knowing California, we can expect these plants to be built in 2035 and the price to go up every 6 months until then.

Found this article from February. Apparently there are some desalination plants in the works.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Desalination-plants-a-pricey-option-if-drought-5239096.php

Knowing California, we can expect these plants to be built in 2035 and the price to go up every 6 months until then.

I know a guy who works for a company that has a bid to create or rather modify the plant in HB on PCH into a desalination plant.  Naturally the opponents of it are environmentalists and those who make money under the current set up.  It's been talked about for years and it would be nice if it finally happened. 

I know a guy who works for a company that has a bid to create or rather modify the plant in HB on PCH into a desalination plant. Naturally the opponents of it are environmentalists and those who make money under the current set up. It's been talked about for years and it would be nice if it finally happened.

Environmentalists are basically domestic terrorists. Almost as bad as union folk.

Yep

All 2.5 inches of it, joining 8.5 inches in 2011-12, 4.5 inches in 2012-13, and 3.5 inches in 2013-14.

Bearing in mind that the average is 15 inches.

This is already just the 3rd time since 1900 that there have been 3 straight years of under 10 inches of rain, joining 1922-23 through 1924-25 and 1958-59 through 1960-61.

This year (2014-15) will likely mark the first EVER 4 year drought (under 10 inches each year) in Los Angeles.

Oh, but we aren't in any danger.   (Not directed towards you ALB, just towards those who say it's not a concern)

2.5 inches has been sufficient for you for years AO.   Another year won't matter.   

bullet train 2: there's salt in our water

starring judge reinhold

Edited by Tank

Lol, that is exactly the problem.  CA and the people are so greedy.  They refuse to conserve, they are vampires taking from anywhere they can.

I fail to see how anyone not pumping water from the ground they live on or a stream that runs through it is any different than SoCal. Piping water in is piping water in - whether it is a couple miles or a couple thousand.

It's amazing to me that the people who live in the cold areas that have abundant water don't have a problem  with the food that is trucked in from the warmer climates. Why don't they just live off what they can grow themselves?

Edited by deepdrive

We conserve more than the rest of the country does. Why should we do with less. Do we ask them to eat less because they can't grow as much?

Well it is a product of where you live.  You guys don't conserve more, that is bullshit.  Your lush green lawns and landscapes.  All of CA should have dead lawns and plants right now.  It is a desert landscape, you should live like it.  Even now there is no legislation restricting water use.

Well it is a product of where you live.  You guys don't conserve more, that is bullshit.  Your lush green lawns and landscapes.  All of CA should have dead lawns and plants right now.  It is a desert landscape, you should live like it.  Even now there is no legislation restricting water use.

You don't know what you're talking about nate.  You just post any nonsensical thing that pops into your head?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-new-california-water-use-restrictions-20140729-story.html

By the way I was just as critical of CA before.

The idea that anyone thinks it is ok that after CA sucked all the water in the region dry, they can now suck all the water from the midwest dry, is insane.  This is the kind of behavior that will absolutely destroy this country.

CA has way too many people living there than the water tables can handle, if that isn't obvious right now then I don't know what.

It isn't 75% agriculture either, there is actually less ag in CA now than there was 25 years ago.  The population however is far bigger.