• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lackey career over?

That was rough. 

Also, stay classy Boston.

John Lackey leaves in the 5th inning with apparently a very serious arm injury. Who was a bigger bust for the Sox, Lackey or Dice-K?

He didn't die... how long is he supposed to wait? A day? A week? A month? A year?

It's a legit question

He didn't die... how long is he supposed to wait? A day? A week? A month? A year?

It's a legit question

Sure, it's a legit question, of course I'm sure it's a legit question that's been discussed 8 million times on Boston sports radio by now.

But sending out a tweet that's basically "Hey guys, this dude's arm just freaking exploded! By the way, who was worse, this guy or Dice-K?" immediately after he leaves a game with that injury is pretty dickish and sadly totally unsurprising coming out of Boston.

Sure, it's a legit question, of course I'm sure it's a legit question that's been discussed 8 million times on Boston sports radio by now.

But sending out a tweet that's basically "Hey guys, this dude's arm just freaking exploded! By the way, who was worse, Mr. Exploded Arm or Dice-K?" is pretty dickish.

Exploded? LOL... ok. I have seen 10 times worse arm injuries in the game of baseball. Dave Dravecky anyone?

From an Orthopedic Surgeon/Chief of Sports Medicine at a Medical Center in Boston:

Christopher Geary ‏@ChrisGearyOrtho 33m

Looked an awful lot like John Lackey just tore his UCL reconstruction. Other possibility would be a significant injury to his flexor mass

Christopher Geary ‏@ChrisGearyOrtho 25m

People are also speculating about his biceps tendon, but throwing a pitch would be a very uncommon mechanism for that injury

Christopher Geary ‏@ChrisGearyOrtho 18m

If Lackey's reconstruction is re-torn it can be re-repaired, but then you're looking at about 2.5 years out of the big leagues before return

I feel terrilbly for him.  I know that he is not a fan favorite here, but it appears that he worked really hard to get back from surgery and it sucks that this happened to him.  Hopefully it's not as serious as it looks. 

Game 7

He sure worked hard in the bar to trying to score tail when his wife was dying in the hospital too. 

Sorry mom, no respect, NONE for this guy. 

I love Lackey in 2002, his game seven performance and throughout his early years, but over time (toward the end of his tenure) he started acting like a dick. He confirmed that to Boston fans and his wife after changing uniforms. 

The best move Tony Reagins ever made besides the Tex trade and Hunter signing was not re-signing John Lackey. 

I don't feel bad for him for the reasons I state, plus he's making guaranteed $$$, injured or not. 

The fact that he was holding the bicep and not the elbow or shoulder bodes well for Lackey. Could just be a bicep tear, which would set him back a few months, but can recover from this season.

Exploded.. lol

People say that all the time when guys have arm injuries. It's not meant to be taken literally

He sure worked hard in the bar to trying to score tail when his wife was dying in the hospital too. 

Sorry mom, no respect, NONE for this guy. 

I love Lackey in 2002, his game seven performance and throughout his early years, but over time (toward the end of his tenure) he started acting like a dick. He confirmed that to Boston fans and his wife after changing uniforms. 

The best move Tony Reagins ever made besides the Tex trade and Hunter signing was not re-signing John Lackey. 

I don't feel bad for him for the reasons I state, plus he's making guaranteed $$$, injured or not. 

I don't particularly care for the guy either, but guaranteed money or not, I can't help but feel bad for ANYONE who suffers an injury that looks as bad as what just happened to Lackey.

People say that all the time when guys have arm injuries. It's not meant to be taken literally

When people say a players knee exploded in football, its because multiple ligaments were torn to shreds... like Marcus Lattimore last year. His knee exploded. If Lackey's arm exploded, I would initially think 3 different ligaments or tendons ripped off.

Just a difference in opinion on the usage of the word exploded is all.