• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners, A's, Royals,

Torridd

I'm hoping for a 3-way tie

Game 1: OAK @ KC

Game 2 (WC game): winner of Game 1 @ SEA

homefield (and bye for Seattle) are based on head to head records. same thing could happen with just a two way tie bet. OAK and KC for the second wild card. 

Replace KC with Detroit if KC wins the division. 

Edited by ScottLux

Detroit hasn't won the division yet, so you're really looking at three teams from Detroit, Kansas City, Oakland, and Seattle - with Cleveland hanging by a thread.

Three of those four teams tying for the second wild card would be best case scenario for the Angels. Team with worst head to head records would have to play *three* play-in games to get into the division series. 

With our luck? The Angels have the best record in baseball...yes they've had some injuries but where this bad mojo crap is coming from I don't know.

The A's have lost something like 18 games in the standings since the All-Star break...why the hell everyone is worried about playing them I don't know. Their bullpen has lost it's magic, their offense would have to improve to be considered subpar, and folks like Kazmir have come crashing to earth.

Sonny Gray is crashing along with him.

On July 26th, Gray was 12-3 with an ERA of 2.65. Since then, he's gone 1-6 with a 4.64 ERA.

I think B'more finishes with best record so I'm hoping KC wins Central.

Round 1 vs KC

B'more plays winner of Seattle, Detroit Oakland mess and I'm rooting for Seattle.

Round 2 vs Seattle.

This is best case imo. I don't care how bad Oakland is slumping Lester and Shark is a tough 1-2. Same goes with Detroit, Miggy is starting to heat up. Felix, Paxton, Iwakuma aren't no slouches either though. Who ever we play will be tough, but I'd prefer to not see B'more.

They've been shut out 3 times in the last 11 games.  

Going from an OBP of .285 and dead last in the league before the AS break to a whopping .300 and dead last in the league is such an "improvement". Just throw out those pre all star numbers since they're so meaningless. 

And now instead of 2nd to last, they've climbed to 3rd to last with an "improved" team BA of .244 thanks to all of the "improvements" to the lineup over the past 56 games. 

Anyhoo, for people capable of rational thought, all contenders should want to face the M's because no amount of pitching can make up for a team dead last in OBP and OPS, and bottom 2-3 in literally every other offensive category.  

The Mariners are capable of sweeping the Angels in the playoffs and visa versa. Stats are basically meaningless come playoff time.