• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners, A's, Royals,

Torridd

Best case scenario for us:

Royals win the central

Mariners and Tigers/A's are the wildcards with the Mariners winning.

We play Mariners in ALDS

Orioles lose to Royals in ALDS

Best case, but that is def not gonna happen.

With our luck, the A's will win the WC and play us in the ALDS, and we'll need to get through that pitching staff (again).

Detroit will play baltimore; whoever wins that would still be a very tough ALCS opponent!

With our luck? The Angels have the best record in baseball...yes they've had some injuries but where this bad mojo crap is coming from I don't know.

The A's have lost something like 18 games in the standings since the All-Star break...why the hell everyone is worried about playing them I don't know. Their bullpen has lost it's magic, their offense would have to improve to be considered subpar, and folks like Kazmir have come crashing to earth.

None of those 3 teams, AND Detroit for that matter, is playing like they want to be in the post-season.

All have struggled at least some since at least a couple of weeks back. 

The Halos and O's currently are significantly ahead of everyone else.

Classic ALCS being set up?   
Replay of 1979 ALCS?   Only much closer?

it's true that the opponent doesn't really matter at this point.  If any one offense catches fire, that team will win.  

All things being equal, if the Halos do what they are capable, they will win.  Hit the ball.  Lock down the score after the 5th.  Win a couple of late games.  That template has led them to the best record in baseball by virtue having all the right pieces in the second half.  

it's true that the opponent doesn't really matter at this point.  If any one offense catches fire, that team will win.  

All things being equal, if the Halos do what they are capable, they will win.  Hit the ball.  Lock down the score after the 5th.  Win a couple of late games.  That template has led them to the best record in baseball by virtue having all the right pieces in the second half.  

yep....2002 model. Starters go 5-6 innings and the bullpen takes over. Look for lots of 5-4 style games.

The A's are sinking fast, the M's almost lost to our AAA team, and KC and DET both have holes in both their pitching and offense...I don't know why they should fear any of these teams.  The A's, M's, and KC all have anemic offenses so our SP/BP should be able to handle them.  DET has some offensive studs (MIggy, VMart, JD) but it drops off quickly after that plus Verlander has been mortal and Price average since his aquisition.  Not to mention their BP is a dumpster fire.  If any of these teams beat the Angels, its an upset.

After the A's got swept by the AAA Rangers, I really have my doubt about the A's make the playoff.

So I am picking the Royals and M's for the 2 WC spots.

By the same token ... if the A's regroup as a team and get their confidence back they could be dangerous in the playoffs.

I prefer the Mariners over the A's in the playoffs.

Every potential playoff team should want to play the M's overanybody else. 

In a best of 5 series, all the great pitching in the world from the M's can't make up for their being dead last in OBP, OPS, and times shut out in the league.  

You can throw out their pre all star numbers ... the team offense has improved since then.

I want to see the Ms and Royals for both just because i would prefer them, and just to see what it does to the A's and the vaunted moneyball aspects of things.

How would that affect the signings, how will team look at things, it would make for an interesting off season for discussion if nothing else.

The A's finally broke down and made some moves, and it is very close to blowing up on them, id like to see how that plays out.

LOL at the suggestion to fire Beane. The franchise has over achieved for over a decade with one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. Yes the Cespedes trade appears to have back fired. However Lester and Dempster would keep the in the game against any team for three games. They are built for the playoffs. If they still get there the only thing keeping them from being a tough out is their shaken confidence.