• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remind me again why we're in Afghanistan

Is that question directed to the 2,977 victims of 911 or their surviving families?

I understood and applauded the need to go into Afghanistan and wipe out the terror camps. I'm just wondering why we're there ten years later with no real victory in sight, while our troops are being blown up, ambushed, or otherwise killed and injured.

I'll overlook the snarkiness of your post.

Obama is on his 5th year...

Yes. And for the final 5 of the 7 years before he was elected and the better part of the first 3 after he was elected the troops who enlisted to battle Al Qaeda and theTaliban were diverted to Iraq instead. In my narrowly functioning brain this is a major factor in determining why were still in Afghanistan.

So the men who enlisted to fight the Nazis were also idiots?

How about the men who enlisted to fight the British in 1775? Idiots?

If someone enlisted to "fight the Nazis" thinking he was guaranteed to be deployed to Germany without knowing he had a chance of ending up in Japan ( or being stationed in Coco Solo, Panama) then yes, he's an idiot.

If someone enlisted to "fight the Nazis" thinking he was guaranteed to be deployed to Germany without knowing he had a chance of ending up in Japan ( or being stationed in Coco Solo, Panama) then yes, he's an idiot.

Okay, the Nazis and/or Japanese. The point is simply what an average enlisted man might think. Of course he's not going to get any say as to where he's sent. Nobody is claiming that.

It's a non-issue, really.

Okay, the Nazis and/or Japanese. The point is simply (1) what an average enlisted man might think. Of course he's not going to get any say as to where he's sent. (2) Nobody is claiming that.

It's a non-issue, really.

1. which was the essence of my point

2. "the troops who enlisted to battle Al Qaeda and theTaliban were diverted to Iraq instead."

I understood and applauded the need to go into Afghanistan and wipe out the terror camps. I'm just wondering why we're there ten years later with no real victory in sight, while our troops are being blown up, ambushed, or otherwise killed and injured.

I'll overlook the snarkiness of your post.

So you were a cheerleader when you thought it was a good idea but now when you have the sobering facts that wars are not about parades and speeches but body bags you don't like it?

I will overlook your inconsistencey.