• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So I take it the Angels aren't going for the best record?

beatlesrule

Looking at today's lineup(and replacing Weaver) against one of the best pitchers in baseball tells me Scioscia is fine with just winning the division.  I do not agree with this at all.  You want home field advantage throughout the playoffs.  I have not checked as to whether Buck was resting his guys too but I doubt it.  Scioscia is conceding a loss tonight.  Do you think this will continue for the next week or so or is this just a one time thing? I feel sorry for people that bought tickets hoping to see Weaver pitch. 

We are probably losing tonight anyway. Add the fact that the team only has 1 day rest in a month the day off makes sense. We are are three up and not one up. Over the weekend we have the Rangers who have just swept back to back series. If Weaver pitched today than Friday we have Santiago. Then we go with Rasmus and the bullpen. Than the "STNL stiff to be named later.". I would rather concede tonight. Give our boys rest. And then try to sweep the Rangers instead of of hoping we beat the best pitcher in baseball the night after we clinched and than hope our bull pen wins and the STNL wins.

Looking at today's lineup(and replacing Weaver) against one of the best pitchers in baseball tells me Scioscia is fine with just winning the division. I do not agree with this at all. You want home field advantage throughout the playoffs. I have not checked as to whether Buck was resting his guys too but I doubt it. Scioscia is conceding a loss tonight. Do you think this will continue for the next week or so or is this just a one time thing? I feel sorry for people that bought tickets hoping to see Weaver pitch.

Scioscia probably wrote this lineup in his office last night after the party laughing his ass off with Butcher, Discar and Ebel. The think tank coming up with Campana, Beckham and Boesch as the 1.2.3 hitter looked something like this.

tumblr_mh31qcE5kJ1redtrqo1_500.gif

And this is Scioscia after saying he was going to make Conger catch while hung over.

tumblr_n7fgoam0vT1tchubjo2_400.gif

We are probably losing tonight anyway. Add the fact that the team only has 1 day rest in a month the day off makes sense. We are are three up and not one up. Over the weekend we have the Rangers who have just swept back to back series. If Weaver pitched today than Friday we have Santiago. Then we go with Rasmus and the bullpen. Than the "STNL stiff to be named later.". I would rather concede tonight. Give our boys rest. And then try to sweep the Rangers instead of of hoping we beat the best pitcher in baseball the night after we clinched and than hope our bull pen wins and the STNL wins.

Sounds about right. Concede this game (who knows, we might still win it) then go full strength against Texas. I like how Weaver is set up in the rotation going forward. We should also remember that Shoemaker will miss at least one start.