• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton not seen or heard during celebration

aallstarjp

You are absolutely right. Going off of one year's numbers doesn't tell a complete story. Check out this site:

http://www.statcorner.com

Play around with it and look at how the numbers average out. You'll see that Amgel Stadium is very unkind to LH power hitters. It's not a one year, down offense type thing.

Yep. Angel stadium has always been unkind to lefties. Not to say lefties cant madh here...its just a lot tougher to do than in other parks. If you pull it and sneak it over that short wall/old bullpen area, cool. But the RF stands with the scoreboard doesnt help at all

Josh Hamilton is shut down again, this time with what the Angels’ outfielder described as “a sharp, stabbing pain” around the area of his chest and right ribcage, underneath his armpits.

Hamilton first felt some pain in the area while taking early batting practice on Monday, continued to feel worse throughout Tuesday night — his first game back after missing 11 straight games with stiffness around his right shoulder — and eventually “it hurt to breathe,” the 33-year-old said.

Hamilton wasn’t with the team when they clinched the American League West title on Wednesday. He had MRIs in the morning, all of which checked out OK, then left right around game time to see a chiropractor, getting worked on at his office and then later at his house. Hamilton was still feeling pain on Thursday, but was going to try to throw.

Asked of his concern, Hamilton said: “You’re always concerned about it. If I woke up today and felt great, then I wouldn’t be concerned about it. I don’t know what to tell you as far as long term, short term or whatever, but the thing I’m going to do is whatever I need to do to get back on the field.”

– Alden

Mentally is Josh's head in the game right now. I know he's been dealing with some nagging injuries but imo he just doesn't sound right from reading his quotes. Idk maybe I'm reading too much into it

Right so youre telling me Fenway Park is also bad for power hitters.  Its worse than Angel Stadium going off that link you posted.  I guess Arlington isnt that great either, its 16th.  Dodger Stadium is a hitters park?  I didnt know that.  Safeco is great for power hitters.  Its easier to hit home runs in Oakland than it is in Baltimore.

Like I said is there a reason you posted that link?

No, I'm telling you look at the numbers before making blanket statements based on things like park dimensions.   Anaheim is a pretty severe pitcher's park, this is nothing new and yet it's had years where it played differently.   

BTW, Fenway has always been murder for LHBs when it came to power -- this goes all the way back to the fabled non-trade of Joe D for Ted Williams.  Arlington and Safeco have both seen changes to the park that have altered how they play, as has Petco.   Arlington is still a hitters park but that jet stream wind pattern isn't what it used to be.   Dodger Stadium is prone to some pretty significant swings in how it plays, as is Wrigley. 

Halomagic was kind enough to post the Statcorner site, that's my first choice for indexes.   

But by all means, feel free to ignore it all.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Thats exactly what im saying. Id say its about neutral. Nobody really benefits numbers wise from playing at the big A, you typically get the numbers you deserve. There are many parks in MLB you could hit the ball 400 feet and wont come close to getting a hit.

Have you ever seen Jered Weaver's home/road splits?

who's to say he can't? He could just ask the guys to not pour beer on him...

I know a couple recovering addicts, and there would be times they would come with me to a party...and it wasn't a martinelli's type of party. Dudes would be drinking like fish, and the whole time my friend would be completely sober and have no problem at all being around alcohol.

obviously josh is his own person and not everyone is the same, but you have to wonder how stable he is with his sobriety if he can't even be in the vicinity of alcohol

This is pretty ignorant, dude. Any addict will tell you that even though they are 5, 10, 25 years sober, they still get cravings. AA and other recovery programs involve not putting yourself in situations where you'll be excessively tempted. Edited by Taylor

No, I'm telling you look at the numbers before making blanket statements based on things like park dimensions.   Anaheim is a pretty severe pitcher's park, this is nothing new and yet it's had years where it played differently.   

BTW, Fenway has always been murder for LHBs when it came to power -- this goes all the way back to the fabled non-trade of Joe D for Ted Williams.  Arlington and Safeco have both seen changes to the park that have altered how they play, as has Petco.   Arlington is still a hitters park but that jet stream wind pattern isn't what it used to be.   Dodger Stadium is prone to some pretty significant swings in how it plays, as is Wrigley. 

Halomagic was kind enough to post the Statcorner site, that's my first choice for indexes.   

But by all means, feel free to ignore it all.

That other link was fine.  I was just confused as to why you posted that espn link when it didnt help your argument at all.  

I still think it depends on the hitter when you determine how much of a factor the park plays.  If youre a dead pull lefty at Angel Stadium, yeah I agree Angel Stadium is not the place for you.

I haven't been to AA, I don't know what its like or how the whole thing works.

I'm just going off the experience I have had with someone I know personally.

I also said that not everyone is the same and people deal with it in their own way. The guy I know just happened to not really let it affect him that strongly.

Also not really how it works.  It's not that your buddy is "stronger" or CHOOSING to not letting it affect him.  For Josh, it's not "in his head," he doesn't need to "just ignore it," or "be stronger" or any of those other ridiculous platitudes.  Your anecdotal experience with a friend (sample size = 1) isn't really statistically significant >_>.  Some recovering addicts will have intense, unbearable cravings when seeing their trouble substance for the rest of their life.  I mean, look at all the celebrities like Phillip Seymour Hoffman who were clean for YEARS before suddenly falling off the wagon.  It doesn't take much, it's hard to know what will trigger it, and it never really goes away.

Source:  I'm a scientist.

Also, a little disappointed they didn't at least do what the rangers did in 2010 I think?  Where they initially partied with non alcoholic beverages before moving on after he left.  Though it looks like he might have scheduled that chiropractor's appointment intentionally to avoid being labeled as a "downer" or being judged or whatever.  

Edited by Link

That other link was fine.  I was just confused as to why you posted that espn link when it didnt help your argument at all.  

I still think it depends on the hitter when you determine how much of a factor the park plays.  If youre a dead pull lefty at Angel Stadium, yeah I agree Angel Stadium is not the place for you.

Well, sure different parks will impact hitters differently based on a lot of factors but park indexes take every at bat by every player in every park.  A team with a bunch of HR hitters won't see the park's index rise because those guys will typically hit HRs across the board.  When it's all said and done both links point to the same conclusion.... Angel Stadium is hard on power hitters.   The ESPN metric has the park's HR index at .801 -- the info at STATcorner has it at 82 for LHB and 89 for RHB.  

If that doesn't support my argument then black is white and up is down.

Edited by Inside Pitch