• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton not seen or heard during celebration

aallstarjp

I didn't see him on TV, nor hear him being interviewed on the radio during the post-A's game celebration. Was his absence anticipated, or did I miss something?

He doesn't drink...  So he doesn't participate in that stuff to avoid falling off the wagon.  When he was in Texas, they went without the champagne.

It sucks that it went down the way it did, with them going into the clubhouse to watch the A's lose.  Because it was like he didn't celebrate.  I'm sure he was in there watching with them, celebrated, and who knows what happened, but he probably got out of there when the first bottle was popped.  Everyone knows about his issues, so I don't think it's a problem.

He tweeted this a couple hours ago:

@theJoshHamilton:

So thankful to be a part of this team, can’t wait to see what October brings! #GetOctobeRED #2014ALWestChamps

I didn't think Claude went that over the top.

It is a wonderful thing that Hamilton got his life together; and it is a wonderful thing how this team came together, and no doubt supports Hamilton in his continued commitment to staying sober.

At the same time though, his hitting struggles are a concern.    A concern isn't a good thing.

Angels were saying its a brotherhood... well brothers wouldn't leave out a brother from celebration, really disappointed they couldn't include him and go all apple cider instead. i hope they reconsider when they win the ALDS and ALCS and WS! ;)

you could also say thats putting an individual over the rest of the team.

Angels were saying its a brotherhood... well brothers wouldn't leave out a brother from celebration, really disappointed they couldn't include him and go all apple cider instead.  i hope they reconsider when they win the ALDS and ALCS and WS! ;)

agreed. I really appreciated that the Rangers did it that way.  He might have given them permission to party without him but I like to see people proactively looking to include someone in his situation by limiting their own freedoms.

Really, I don't know what the problem is? Hamilton has basically sucked since the ink dried on his contract! Anyone protecting or not understanding that is stupid.

BTW, his AVG has dipped from .344 high to a low of .263 of course that is better than his .250 2013! An .800-.900 OPS player to one that .745?

WTF? Shall I add the Definitive DROP in POWER>? 43 BOMBS/ 25/32 to 22 & 10?

the drop in power is probably because he went from the most lefty friendly stadium in mlb, to arguably the toughest.

even moo Vaughn putting all his fat into every swing wasn't able to hit 40 homers at the big A

Angel Stadium isnt that bad for power hitters. Its only 400 out to straight center. RF is a little bit less forgiving then LF, but down the lines its not too far either. I dont hear Miguel Cabrera or Victor Martinez complaining in Comerica.

Comerica is way more hitter friendly, especially for lefties.

the big A is brutal. With the marine layer, deep center field, 18 foot freaking wall in right field, and a spacious left center....

ya its short down the line and the wall is low, but the probability of hitting a ball to those exact parts of the outfield everytime is pretty low to say the least

Comerica is way more hitter friendly, especially for lefties.

the big A is brutal. With the marine layer, deep center field, 18 foot freaking wall in right field, and a spacious left center....

ya its short down the line and the wall is low, but the probability of hitting a ball to those exact parts of the outfield everytime is pretty low to say the least

Comerica is also like 420 to center field.  400 feet to center at the Big A is a homer.

Angel Stadium isn't too pitching friendly though.

The 2000 team hit 236 HRs overall, which iirc is top 10 all-time for single season team HRs.

This season so far, they are around 4th-5th in HRs hit.

Thats exactly what im saying.  Id say its about neutral.  Nobody really benefits numbers wise from playing at the big A, you typically get the numbers you deserve.  There are many parks in MLB you could hit the ball 400 feet and wont come close to getting a hit.  

Just to add a bit more information, The Rangers celebrated the 2010 Western Division Championship with champagne and beer, Josh dressed in the trainer's room.  When they clinched the ALDS they started by pouring Ginger Ale on Hamilton before moving on to champagne. Once the beer and champagne came out he moved out into the hallway to do interviews.  I don't know about their 2011 seasons, but at least the 2010 celebrations were never completely alcohol free.