• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My photo of Hank Conger celebrating with fans

I went to high school with Hank, he was always a smart/nice kid.  The little league team team he was on that made it onto TV was ridiculously good and Hank always had a CANNON for an arm.  It's a shame his bat hasn't come around like it looked like it would - I remember being at the all star futures game where he hit that home run and being really excited to watch him hit in the big leagues, but he hasn't completely figured it out yet :\

That said, he's eloquent, a good club house guy, has a great attitude, and has been fantastic with the pitchers and pitch framing - according to statcorner, he's #3 in +calls (and 20 calls from first) with a roughly 4000 less sample size.  It's hard to quantify how important an extra 153 strikes is but from what I've read it's huge.  He's way higher in +strikes/gm than anyone who has played more than 2 or 3 games this year.  Iannetta is currently sitting in the negatives (-39), getting some strikes called balls due to his framing.  Obviously, Chris is a much better hitter but I wouldn't mind seeing Hank start more even with his lack of hitting this year.  I really hope they keep him around and keep giving him chances.

Edited by Link