• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Some Perspective

Michifan

Yes, I wish the Angels were 4-0 rather than 1-3. But, they are opening up with probably the toughest schedule in baseball, on the road against the Red, last year's NL Central winner who won 97 games and were ranked as the second best team in baseball and then against the chief rival Rangers. And they lost by a total of 3 runs. Yes, it would be nice if the big boys were hitting, but it's a tough environment that will improve. The Yankees and Blue Jays are 1-3, as are the Phillies. So we can at least take comfort from the fact that there are several other million angry and disappointed fans.

I'm not worried.  I figured we'd start 3-3 or 2-4 to start the season anyway.  Remember, winning 1 of 3...on the road...against a playoff team is what is expected.  2 of 3 on the road doesn't happen as often as you'd like.  That being said.  Please, please take 2 of 3 from Texas.  It starts tonight!

By the way, just found this.  Some quotes from Josh Hamilton after the game.

As for his slow start on offense, he was asked if he was anxious.

"Would you blame me for being a little anxious?" he asked.

Rangers left-hander Derek Holland struck him out in his first two at-bats with a diet of breaking and off-speed pitches, mostly out of the strike zone. He lined to right off Holland in the sixth and then flied to center off closer Joe Nathan in the ninth.

"You have an idea what the Rangers are going to do to you," he said. " a little jumpy. What are we, four games in? I'm not pressing the panic button by any means."

Source:  http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130405&content_id=43985768&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

How many runs we lost by is really irrelevant.  That's really swell that we made it so close in those losses!

That said, I'm not pushing the panic button either, but I am just a bit worried.  I heard "it's only April" enough last year.