• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Give Weaver a day off

stormngt

I doubt all regulars will get a day off, but I imagine we'll see the gradual resting of guys and the auditions of guys who have a shot at making the postseason roster (Beckham, Green, Cron and Navarro types). I'd be surprised if more than three regulars got a rest tomorrow, but they'll all see at least a couple of days off over the next 10 days.

If we want to stay ahead of Baltimore than push him back against Texas. I would rather have him against Texas than going against Hernandez and then LeBlanc going against Texas.

Why is knocking Seattle out of the playoffs so important?

Need to stay ahead of Baltimore and keep the Mariners out of the postseason. Great matchup tomorrow.

If they manage to lose by less than 10 runs tonight then that is a win IMO.  They get their celebration and definitely earned it.  If they manage to win that is just amazing.  I couldn't imagine playing baseball after boozing into the early morning the night before.

What mt said, Weave needs to stay sharp and 5 innings minimum in each of his two remaining starts allows that while at the same time giving him a little breather and the team a chance to secure HFA.

Oh, and welcome back Ach-Med!    Always LOL'd over that Jeff Dunham character. 

No truth to the rumor that the newest gag is the A'ths saying "Silence!   We choke ourselves!"

Edited by Angel Oracle

I'm guessing Weaver pitches but only about 4 or 5 innings.  He needs to throw anyway.

Have him go tomorrow.  Tonight its a tough matchup.  I would rather have our bullpen game or our replacement pitcher for Shoemaker go against Felix the day after we clinched. Weaver goes against Texas and wins and we stay on pace for HFA.  If Weaver pitches today with our AAA lineup against Felix while Seattle has must win game.......we are wasting Weaver's appearance.

Why is knocking Seattle out of the playoffs so important?

3 reasons:

1) Felix Hernandez

2) James Paxton

3) Hisashi Iwakuma (assuming he breaks out of his little recent funk)

Oakland has a tough rotation too, but we always seem to be able to scratch runs out against their guys and that team has been playing bad baseball for weeks now. I'm much more scared of facing Seattle in a 5 game series.

3 reasons:

1) Felix Hernandez

2) James Paxton

3) Hisashi Iwakuma (assuming he breaks out of his little recent funk)

Oakland has a tough rotation too, but we always seem to be able to scratch runs out against their guys and that team has been playing bad baseball for weeks now. I'm much more scared of facing Seattle in a 5 game series.

Good point, I agree.  However your fear for Seattle is similar why I  want Weaver with a day's rest.  I think it will be near impossible to win this game. 

First, it is the morning after they all celebrated.

Second, Seattle is in a must win game

Third, we are facing the best pitcher in baseball.

Add those factors with:  Against Texas we will have to start a LeBlanc  or Roth or somebody because Shoemaker is out.  If we have to throw a stiff out there then send him against the best pitcher in baseball because it will probably be a game we lose anyway.

By pitching Weaver tonight we have a chance to beat Seattle but a very difficult one.  Then we send Santiago, Bullpen, and Stiff to be named later against Texas.  I say move the Stiff up to face Felix and let Weaver pitch against Texas.

I clearly want to avoid Seattle in the LDS, but we are now facing two Bull Pen games and they should not be back to back.  We should get our rotation set for the LDS.  Right now Weaver will pitch again on Tuesday the 23rd and then would not pitch until the Thursday Oct 2 LDS opener.  This seems like a little too long.