• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's your 3 man playoff rotation?

19HALO71

Weaver, Shoe, Wilson.  If shoe stays hot i give him the #2 based on recent performance and you play the hot hand in the post.

For all of you banging on Wilson, you should that in his last 7 starts he has allowed more than 3 ER only once.
Hes has a rough go of it this year but seems to be righting the ship of late and the fact is we need him.

i would not be confident stating Santiago over him personally nor should we. we need CJ get it done and i think he will step up and keep it going the right way.  Santiago can be ready to step in on a short leash if needed, but Wilson has to get the nod.

If we need a 4th starter its Santiago of course.  otherwise go with the 3 man and leverage the pen.  that's whats going to win or lose ot for us anyway i suspect.

Oct 2 - Weaver

Oct 3 - Shoe

off

Oct 5 - Wilson

Oct 6 - Weaver  (Santiago if up in series)

off

Oct 8 - Shoe - (Weaver if needed on full rest)

Edited by floplag

The problem with starting Santiago and Wilson back to back is they both only give you 2-5 innings. As good as the pen has pitched to be effective in all five games is asking a lot. If Wilson throws well in his last 2-3 starts send him out in game three. Santiago could start game 4 if necessary. If they are down 2-1 send Weaver out on short rest.

I think one other big issue of no longer having Richards is not having the ability to try and pitch Weaver exclusively at home where he thrives. With Richards in the rotation, and assuming/hoping the Angels would get HFA all the way throughout, you could go Richards in Games 1 (home) and 5 (road), and Weaver in Game 2 (home) and 6 (home).

No way would Scioscia, or many of us for that matter, go with a rookie in Shoemaker to Game 1 over Weaver. So Weaver will have step up big and perform well on the road for us to have a shot.

Edited by Sam Sanchez

Weaver, Shoe, Wilson.  If shoe stays hot i give him the #2 based on recent performance and you play the hot hand in the post.

For all of you banging on Wilson, you should that in his last 7 starts he has allowed more than 3 ER only once.

Hes has a rough go of it this year but seems to be righting the ship of late and the fact is we need him.

i would not be confident stating Santiago over him personally nor should we. we need CJ get it done and i think he will step up and keep it going the right way.  Santiago can be ready to step in on a short leash if needed, but Wilson has to get the nod.

If we need a 4th starter its Santiago of course.  otherwise go with the 3 man and leverage the pen.  that's whats going to win or lose ot for us anyway i suspect.

Oct 2 - Weaver

Oct 3 - Shoe

off

Oct 5 - Wilson

Oct 6 - Weaver  (Santiago if up in series)

off

Oct 8 - Shoe - (Weaver if needed on full rest)

Wilson has a 5 BB/9 and a 1.66 WHIP over his last seven games.  He has still been terrible, he's just been luckier.

The track record of pitchers on 3 days rest in the playoffs is awful. I don't think Scioscia would do it with any of his choices.

I'm sure that will be one of the first questions once they clinch and he's willing to admit they are in the division series.

This.

We are going to see all four starters whether we like it or not.