• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tipping Pros. Thoughts?

gotbeer

Alright, I've read about the last 3 pages of this thread and didn't see anything in this. If this has been covered let me know and I'll go back.

I'm moving and getting a lot of new furniture. It's all being delivered and assembled for me. All the stuff is coming from 3 stores and each charges a $100 delivery fee. Do I tip the delivery guys additional money?

Restaurant Sees Profits Triple After It Ditches Tipping

More than likely small sample size.  But this was interesting, and probably pretty true.

Fry’s take on tipping is simple and logical. “Whether it’s good service or bad service, people tend to tip the same amount,” he said, citing a Cornell professor’s findings. “When you have bad service, you just don’t go back. So in reality, tipping hides how people actually feel.” 

Restaurant Sees Profits Triple After It Ditches Tipping

More than likely small sample size.  But this was interesting, and probably pretty true.

I wish the article had dug deeper into why the restaurant was profiting so much more.  Do they charge more for food since there is no tipping?  How exactly were the water and linen bills cut in half?  What does having their liquor inventory be lean have to do with profits, and what does that even mean?

I wish the article had dug deeper into why the restaurant was profiting so much more.  Do they charge more for food since there is no tipping?  How exactly were the water and linen bills cut in half?  What does having their liquor inventory be lean have to do with profits, and what does that even mean?

I think that goes with linens also.  If the employees have an incentive for the restaurant to be profitable.  Someone might have pointed out that if you wash the linens only when the washing machine is full instead of 3 at a time or half full, or just whenever someone felt like it, it could make a huge difference.  

Heck, just hitting the medium load instead of always keeping the button on full load can make a difference.  

• 2 years later...
49 minutes ago, Brandon said:

did they disable the comments? that's why I clicked on the link. tipping conversations are the best. it's always people that work at low end places like denny's calling everyone cheap and to stay at home if they don't tip.

I can still see the comments/reactions.

My waitress disappeared the other day. We sat looking at empty drink glasses and clean plates after finishing our meal. After waiting longer than I should have, I went to find the manager. He told me our waitress had an accident and won't be back.  He should have known enough to send someone else out to our table, and the other 3 tables that we're getting ignored. I gave 10% for the busboys and food runners, but that's it. She was terrible before her accident. 

22 hours ago, NJHalo said:

My waitress disappeared the other day. We sat looking at empty drink glasses and clean plates after finishing our meal. After waiting longer than I should have, I went to find the manager. He told me our waitress had an accident and won't be back.  He should have known enough to send someone else out to our table, and the other 3 tables that we're getting ignored. I gave 10% for the busboys and food runners, but that's it. She was terrible before her accident. 

Injured or maybe they quit? The fact the restaurant was delayed in reassigning a server would make me think they quit.

Had a horrible chick bartender the other night who was dumb as rocks but decently hot. There were 4 of us that sat down for a drink and she tool like 5 minutes to ask us what we wanted.

She did in fact bave a button undone that was showing off her lower boobs, so i was still going to tip because of that alone. Then the dipshit barback pointed it out to ber and she fixed it.

Back down to a dollar a drink tip.

I always see people do a dollar or two, so I give the car dude $5. When I had my own personal car was guy I tipped him a lot more, but that dude made the shit look showroom brand new.

I always over tip because when I come back in the drinks are stronger and magically the bill is short a few or like $20.....which means I tip on top of that with the hook up. Especially if it's a place you frequent.

I do feel like I'm slipping lately though on newer places I am going to, but when you are used to good customer service and go to a place where substandard is an understatement, I don't bother going the extra mile. I usually extend the olive branch first too where when I come back the second visit all is well, but I haven't felt like it lately.