• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stay Classy Papelbon

Papelbon is definitely a douche bag but Joe West needs to be disciplined or suspended by the league.  You never touch a player, manager, or ump.  There should be zero tolerance for these kinds of actions.  Papelbon's body language wasn't even that aggressive towards West either.

http://vimeo.com/106129146

You can't get in someone's face and chest bump him without consequence. 

Philly fans are awesome.

Papelbon had a sub 2.00 ERA before yesterday, and yet they've been on his case?

Now, get back to booing Santa Claus!

Oh, and bigheads like Country Bumpkin Joe West and No Angel Hernandez need to go!

West especially makes other full of themselves umps look like Jim Joyce though.

Edited by Angel Oracle

You can't get in someone's face and chest bump him without consequence. 

Please, there was no chest bump, and Papelbon is doing what every other player, manager, or coach does when arguing with umps, and that's get in their face to make their point. It happens every week in a baseball game somewhere.  It's not like he's some stranger at bar that get's into your face and needs to be checked.

The only thing missing from that scene was A.J. Pierzynski - how perfect would it be if he was the Phillies catcher at the time.

It's amazing to me that Joe West is still umpiring at the major league level... Papelbon is just a scum bag.

i'm okay with west making a statement that actions like that are not okay. i'm not sure ejecting a players who was just removed from the game really made any kind of difference, however. maybe let the team deal with it at that point.

Even though he was ejected after being removed from the game, I believe there is a fine that goes along with any ejection.

i don't have a problem with west grabbing douchebag's jersey. he was clearly blocking him with his arms outstretched and he did bump him. most managers will either cross their arms or put them straight down at their sides. it was clear what papelbon was saying with his crotch grab. it's probably not west's place to throw him out right there, but i can understand it. so screw papelbon anyway.