• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why is ESPN so Obsessed with the Choakland A's?

I don't hate ESPN but for awhile now I have just gone to MLB network for all things baseball.

Same, I think the only time in the last year I've watched Baseball Tonight this year has been on Sunday's and only before a late Angels game.  I give MLB a lot of props, they have done a really good job with their network. 

I remember being a kid and being upset at the Dodger coverage vs the Angels coverage on the local news. Then I would get upset at the coverage of the Angels vs other teams on Sports Center. Now days I don't care because of the internet, the fact that all games are televised and things like MLB app, where all the great plays are available when I am traveling.

because it is a significant baseball story:

the genius Billy Beane has made a major miscalculation on the Lester trade.

trading away Cespedes placed the A's on a downward spiral that could have been clearly foreseen.

I continue to believe that this trade is so UN- Billy Beane like that something's up with Cespedes during the off-season.........

The A's played so well all season and the contrast of the team record after the Cespedes for Lester (and others) trade is so striking -- it is a big story.

ESPN should cover it -- besides -- when have we ever complained here about ESPN FINALLY giving significant coverage to the West Coast team(s).

Which raises another reason for the coverage -- EVEN ESPN REALIZES THAT NEW YORK YANKEES AND BOSTON RED SOX NOT WORTH MUCH COVERAGE RIGHT NOW -- although expect more non-stop BREAKING NEWS like coverage of Jeter's final games........

As for Jeter -- having watched the Yankees games much lately, but my pal, a huge Yankees fan from way back and a "Jeter is the best of all time' kind of hype guy even admits now that 1.) that Yankees are not worth watching right now and that Jeter's 'farewell' tour has turned into an old-timer's game during the second half.......he suggested they give him a wheel chair as his parting gift..........but then he's overly critical, cynical like the rest of us.

I don't hate ESPN but for awhile now I have just gone to MLB network for all things baseball.

I have all but stopped watching Baseball Tonight and their constant pandering to the Yankees and Red Sox (even though it became abundantly clear long ago that neither of them will sniff the post-season in 2014).