• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why is ESPN so Obsessed with the Choakland A's?

Angels win 10th straight game, Trout has 2HRs, Weaver win's 17th, 93rd win, yada yada

...but the A's remain in the spotlight

oh and the Yankees win tonight is a top headline.

Why does ESPN overlook the Angels so much? I get why they'd cover the Yankees and Red Sox from a business standpoint...but the A's? Those dudes have 10 real fans but the headlines never end. 

I'm starting to think some people at ESPN don't like the Angels; heck one of the sweaty slobs on Baseball Tonight mistakenly called them the California Angels last week–this is shit is beginning to resemble satire. 

--

ESPN is for chumps. 

Edited by failos

You might be right. I recall a few years ago that I heard on some program that the Angels were the second least popular team in baseball. Only the Blue Jays had fewer fans nationwide. I am sure that diring the last few years this might have changed, but some some prejudices a stubborn.

ESPN is 80% owned by the Walt Disney Company. They kinda don't like us because of the territorial battle for all of that Anaheim property.

wee-bey-gif.gif

That actually makes a lot of sense. Can't believe I've never thought of that before...

They're probably bitter over selling the team for peanuts to Arte.

Edited by failos

They aren't covering the Orioles or the Nationals either. Take is as a compliment. There is nothing dramatically compelling to non-Angel fans about us crushing weak teams. Oakland having a historic collapse after trading away their clean up hitter on the other hand, that's interesting. Did I mention that Brad Pitt starred in a popular movie about how savvy that team is?

Of course they are talking about the A's. We'll get our spotlight as soon as we make ourselves interesting to people in Florida and Delaware.

They aren't covering the Orioles or the Nationals either. Take is as a compliment. There is nothing dramatically compelling to non-Angel fans about us crushing weak teams. Oakland having a historic collapse after trading away their clean up hitter on the other hand, that's interesting. Did I mention that Brad Pitt starred in a popular movie about how savvy that team is?

Of course they are talking about the A's. We'll get our spotlight as soon as we make ourselves interesting to people in Florida and Delaware.

They never stop talking about the Nationals–and Baltimore is covered without fail due to their hard on for the East Coast

Angels win 10th straight game, Trout has 2HRs, Weaver win's 17th, 93rd win, yada yada

...but the A's remain in the spotlight

oh and the Yankees win tonight is a top headline.

Why does ESPN overlook the Angels so much? I get why they'd cover the Yankees and Red Sox from a business standpoint...but the A's? Those dudes have 10 real fans but the headlines never end. 

I'm starting to think some people at ESPN don't like the Angels; heck one of the sweaty slobs on Baseball Tonight mistakenly called them the California Angels last week–this is shit is beginning to resemble satire. 

--

ESPN is for chumps. 

You usually don't want to be a lead/main story on ESPN and this is no different.

The Angels have had this division wrapped up for at least a week (if not longer).

Edited by DW711

You might be right. I recall a few years ago that I heard on some program that the Angels were the second least popular team in baseball. Only the Blue Jays had fewer fans nationwide. I am sure that diring the last few years this might have changed, but some some prejudices a stubborn.

You must have misunderstood because that is ridiculous on several levels.

They aren't covering the Orioles or the Nationals either. 

Disagree. A couple weeks ago when the Nationals won like 8 straight, there was pretty heavy coverage. As well as a lot of talk calling them the best team in all of Baseball and the closest to a "dominant" team this year. Angels win 10 straight, and the coverage appears to be more about Oakland collapsing rather the Angels completely intensifying their collapse by winning 16 of their last 18. 

Edited by Sam Sanchez