• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One of the best stretches I can remember

Going WAY back, reminds me of 1995. Around July they just started blowing out teams every night for weeks. (Cheating at Baseball Almanac I see a 15 game stretch where they scored 126 runs.)

Just before the roof caved in.

My thought too....that run was something...and then....

the earlier comment on this thread saying 'we started out so mediocre' this season.

actually, part of the reason we're ten/ 11 games in front right now is because we actually started out this season playing at least .500 or better baseball unlike 2012 and 2013 when we dug such a hole for ourselves in April/ May that we were constantly trying to dig ourselves out of it and get even........

those two seasons had we played just ,500 ball the first six weeks of the season, we probably would have made the playoffs.

so perhaps we did not start the season with rip-roaring success and a bundle of wins on paper but for us, a .500 April into May constitutes a significant improvement.

This might be a shocker but everyone struggles against pitching. That why they are good pitchers with ERA'S in the low threes or twos.

I hate to be Debbie downer but we have faced some terrible teams and specifically bad starting pitching in this run. I want to see how they do starting tonight with Feldman and Kuerchel tomorrow and then Seattles pitching. But before this stretch they were making everyone look like cy young for a while and the pitching has carried them since all star break. I have faith in all pitchers except for CJ and Roth on this team.

I hate to be Debbie downer but we have faced some terrible teams and specifically bad starting pitching in this run. I want to see how they do starting tonight with Feldman and Kuerchel tomorrow and then Seattles pitching. But before this stretch they were making everyone look like cy young for a while and the pitching has carried them since all star break. I have faith in all pitchers except for CJ and Roth on this team.

I'm just going to add that I don't think you hate it at all.

as to the Debbie Downer stuff - -that's ok and you're right, we've played weak teams.

but the difference this year is we're doing what division winners do against weak teams -- beat them, win the series against them and even sweep them,

we did NOT do that last year (2013) and it cost us big time. Gotta check but we were something like 7-11 or 8-10 (perhaps worse) vs. a 100 loss Houston team in 2013.

A's went  15-3 against them and Texas was something like 14-4 (what a difference a year makes, I think Houston won the Houston/ Texas season series this year and it's Houston finishing ahead of Texas and Houston NOT losing 100 games this year).

So this August/September run has been just great.  Almost too good.

Sort of feel like some of those teams (usually over in the ACC) heading into March Madness -- where a loss in the league tournament isn't such a bad thing because you get that "Loss" out of the way........

remember that Seattle team (what year was it??) that won 106 games or some such ridiculous number and then got pretty much swept out of the playoffs in the first round??