• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One of the best stretches I can remember

pretty incredible.

remember back in 2002 the Halos won, won, won etc. and they couldn't pick up ground on the A's?

except for the fact we were not that far back (as in OUT OF IT) --this is kind of like that Colorado Rockies run in September a few years back when they went something like 25-3 and made the playoffs after being pretty much dead in August.

The only other stretch that comes to mind is early in 2002, after we started the season 6-14 and fell 9.5 games behind first.

We then proceeded to win 21 of our next 24 games. What really got us going there at the end of April were the two straight games in which David Eckstein hit grand slams (the second one a walk-off in the 14th inning), followed by the game in Cleveland which we won 21-2.

tonight would be win 92.

If we play 8-7 ball the rest of the way, we win 100 games on the season.

the way we're playing, we're probably going to be more like 11-4 or 10-5 which means 103, 102 wins on the season.

who here predicted a 100-plus win season??  I think most of us said 92 to 95.

More like between 80-90 wins with a lot of people predicting around 85 wins.

I hate to be Debbie downer but we have faced some terrible teams and specifically bad starting pitching in this run. I want to see how they do starting tonight with Feldman and Kuerchel tomorrow and then Seattles pitching. But before this stretch they were making everyone look like cy young for a while and the pitching has carried them since all star break. I have faith in all pitchers except for CJ and Roth on this team.

tonight would be win 92.

If we play 8-7 ball the rest of the way, we win 100 games on the season.

the way we're playing, we're probably going to be more like 11-4 or 10-5 which means 103, 102 wins on the season.

who here predicted a 100-plus win season??  I think most of us said 92 to 95.

i dont recall anyone saying 100... most didnt even say 90 as i recall and thought we were playing for a wildcard.. be interesting to see who owns it now.

100 is more than i thought as i recall saying 90-95, but ill certainly take it

I was there for the ALCS clincher, never saw AK's 3rd HR land, everyone jumped up and down in front of me. I initially thought it didn't have enough to get out, and was expecting it to carom off the wall.

I had never seen so many cameras poised as when Percy made the ALCS clinching pitch to former Raviner Tom Prince. And then hearing "Spirit in the Sky" blare over the sound system amidst the celebration was totally cool.

Going WAY back, reminds me of 1995. Around July they just started blowing out teams every night for weeks. (Cheating at Baseball Almanac I see a 15 game stretch where they scored 126 runs.)

Just before the roof caved in.

What was number-funny about this run is how it kept climbing, hit a peak, then barely tapered off. Run totals went 5, 7, 8, 14, then back the other way 12, 9, 8, 7. Then they ruined it by going back up to 11.