• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

9-7

Angelsjunky

That's what the Angels need to perform at for the rest of the year to go 100-62 and tie the franchise best record. I think chances are they one-up that and go 10-6, finishing at 101-61 - maybe even better.

I mean, who would have thought. Really?

From the very beginning of the season I never once doubted this team  :ph34r:

hopefully nobody here has figured out how to type "site:angelswin-forum.com: " into google...

Edited by ScottLux

That's what the Angels need to perform at for the rest of the year to go 100-62 and tie the franchise best record. I think chances are they one-up that and go 10-6, finishing at 101-61 - maybe even better.

I mean, who would have thought. Really?

It seemed very unlikely back in April. The Angels weren't terrible that month, but they certainly didn't seem capable of winning 100 games. The key, I believe, was avoiding the catastrophic type of April that we have had in recent years, the kind that left us 8-10 games off the division lead after a month and spending the rest of the season trying to make it up.

i've never seen as much in-season work done on a roster as i have this year with the angels. i'm not talking about roster shuffling due to injuries. i'm talking about wholesale changes to the lineup and the pitching staff. it's incredible to me how much this roster has changed from the beginning of the year versus the offseason changes. you have to give dipoto and his crew a  lot of respect for those changes. i think their jobs were on the line and they got to work big time.

i've never seen as much in-season work done on a roster as i have this year with the angels. i'm not talking about roster shuffling due to injuries. i'm talking about wholesale changes to the lineup and the pitching staff. it's incredible to me how much this roster has changed from the beginning of the year versus the offseason changes. you have to give dipoto and his crew a  lot of respect for those changes. i think their jobs were on the line and they got to work big time.

I agree. Dipoto was a magician this year. He slowly but surely fixed the bullpen, before our very eyes, without many people even realizing it. As far as the starting pitching is concerned, I can only imagine how great things would be right now if Richards and Skaggs weren't down for the count.

Edited by Ray McKigney

I was thinking about this last night.  My only concern is, the Angels will likely have the division clinched in a week.  Meaning the last ~10 games will be against playoff hopeful teams with a lot to play for while the Angels will have nothing to play for.  Resting guys and probably using a few spot starters.

That doesn't mean they don't have a really good shot at winning 100, I am just not feeling super confident about it because of that.

Remaining schedule:

3 games VS Houston

4 games VS Seattle - will be battling for a wild card spot this entire series, Angels hopefully will have clinched during this series.

3 games VS Texas - Angels definitely should have clinched during this series

3 games @ Oakland - Oakland will definitely be fighting for a wild card this entire series, Angels will have clinched

3 games @ Seattle - Seattle likely will be fighting for a wild card and the Angels will have nothing to play for

If they win the series against Houston and Texas that is 95 wins.  If they split against Seattle that is 97.  That means they need to win 3 of the final six games to hit 100.  Of course the way they are winning now they could go like 14-2 and end up winning 105 games.

I was thinking about this last night. My only concern is, the Angels will likely have the division clinched in a week. Meaning the last ~10 games will be against playoff hopeful teams with a lot to play for while the Angels will have nothing to play for. Resting guys and probably using a few spot starters.

That doesn't mean they don't have a really good shot at winning 100, I am just not feeling super confident about it because of that.

Remaining schedule:

3 games VS Houston

4 games VS Seattle - will be battling for a wild card spot this entire series, Angels hopefully will have clinched during this series.

3 games VS Texas - Angels definitely should have clinched during this series

3 games @ Oakland - Oakland will definitely be fighting for a wild card this entire series, Angels will have clinched

3 games @ Seattle - Seattle likely will be fighting for a wild card and the Angels will have nothing to play for

If they win the series against Houston and Texas that is 95 wins. If they split against Seattle that is 97. That means they need to win 3 of the final six games to hit 100. Of course the way they are winning now they could go like 14-2 and end up winning 105 games.

I agree with everything you say here except for one thing, we will still be playing to secure home field advantage versus Baltimore, something we definately need. However if Baltimore cools off then we very easily could rest some guys the last week of the season.

The only real changes was the bullpen. The other changes were due to injuries

i've never seen as much in-season work done on a roster as i have this year with the angels. i'm not talking about roster shuffling due to injuries. i'm talking about wholesale changes to the lineup and the pitching staff. it's incredible to me how much this roster has changed from the beginning of the year versus the offseason changes. you have to give dipoto and his crew a lot of respect for those changes. i think their jobs were on the line and they got to work big time.

Credit should also be given to the skipper as well. Seems like early in spring training he really put an emphasis on getting off to a good start, and he seemed to play the regulars earlier and more often than in years past.  Scioscia also had a shorter leash this year, either with underperforming vets, or ineffective pitchers.  Seemed to take pitchers out quicker before they get into more trouble.

Fantastic regular season, all around.  Let's hope we can say the same about the post season.

Why is everyone so worried about 100 wins.  I just want the division wrapped up early, so we can really prepare our rotation for the 1st round.  Home field should be the 2nd goal, but I dont think we should go all out for it.  The O's are going to wrap up their division early too, I dont see them chasing us until the end of the season.  

Why is everyone so worried about 100 wins.  I just want the division wrapped up early, so we can really prepare our rotation for the 1st round.  Home field should be the 2nd goal, but I dont think we should go all out for it.  The O's are going to wrap up their division early too, I dont see them chasing us until the end of the season.  

A large portion of our remaining games are against the Mariners. I don't want to face the mariners in the division series and would like to see them eliminated completely. KC, Detroit, long shot teams like NYY or CLE, or even Oakland would all be less scary in a division series.