• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Haren, Santana & Morales

Chuck

And Blanton was pitching against the Reds in the worlds smallest baseball stadium. 

DiPoto's starting pitching strategy (flyball pitchers with awesome OF defense) should be good over the course of a season, but there will be some away games in HR parks with HR hitters that will kill us. I was impressed that the games were that close, considering our offense and the miscues in the field and on the basepaths. 

The MotO will heat up and this team will be good, but if we can't stop with the sloppiness we won't be winning the division.

I'm surprised with how well Morse has been hitting so far. He is really starting out hot.

so was Haren. It appears the Reds are actually a slightly better team than, say, the Astros.

segura though

.500 .550 .722 1.272

Segura has no bearing on this discussion really.

I like Segura a lot actually, but he had no spot on this team with Kendrick and Aybar locked up. Dipoto got us Grienke for the playoff run and a chance to sign him in the offseason. It was worth it. 

Good for Segura and the Brewers. I hope he kills it, but nobody should pound sand over this one. You gotta give up young unproven talent to net proven talent. 

Segura has no bearing on this discussion really.

I like Segura a lot actually, but he had no spot on this team with Kendrick and Aybar locked up. Dipoto got us Grienke for the playoff run and a chance to sign him in the offseason. It was worth it. 

Good for Segura and the Brewers. I hope he kills it, but nobody should pound sand over this one. You gotta give up young unproven talent to net proven talent. 

Patrick Corbin won today. F'n Dipoto  :(

Haren, Santana, and Morales walk into a bar

Haren:  Man what a rough offseason.  I get released, then I have to move crosscountry, then I get rocked in my first start.

Bartender:  Don't worry kid, at least you are getting paid $1 million more for your troubles.

Santana:  Doesn't help me, I got shelled to, and I'm in Kansas City.

Bartender:  But the food is good.  

Morales:  I gave my best leg to those guys, and they trade me to the Cellar Dweller Mariners.

Bartender:  You can be the next Papi.  Just keep swinging for the fences.

Haren:  If he swang for the fences, maybe we all wouldn't have been jettisoned in the offseason.

Bartender:  It was his first year back.  And look on the bright side, you are on a WS contender, with plenty of offense to get you wins.  Next season, you will make a mint.

Santana:  What about me?

Bartender:  You have a young team around you.  They will rally when you start, and you can lead them to a surprising finish in the division.  Just focus and make the Angels regret releasing you.

Morales:  Pitchers have it easy.  They only have to play every 5 days.  I have to play everyday on one leg.

Bartender:  Don't worry, even Beltre couldn't hit there, and he only has one nut, now look at him.  

Santana:  I am a home run pitcher.

Haren:  It showed.

Santana:  Look who's talking.

Morales:  When do I get to play against you?

Haren:  Shut up.  Wait Bourjos is calling me.

Morales:  He sucks.

Bartender:  Focus guys, and have great seasons.  I don't want to be behind the bar again.  Now where did I put those cocktail napkins, I have to go finalize the Lohse deal.  Morales, I'll work on your deal soon, and get you the big bucks.  

Patrick Corbin won today. F'n Dipoto :(

I hope this is sarcasm. BTW, it was Dipoto who acquired Corbin and Skaggs for Harden when he was with the Dbacks.

Which brings me to my next question.

Do fans root against prospects to do well or expect them to fail when they're traded away for proven talent?

I hope this is sarcasm. BTW, it was Dipoto who acquired Corbin and Skaggs for Harden when he was with the Dbacks.

Do fans root against prospects to do well or expect them to fail when they're traded away for proven talent?

I root for the ones I followed closely through the minors like Segura. I even traded Markakis and Morneau for Segura in my keeper league. lol

As far as prospects are concerned, I usually root for them when they get traded to another team. I like to see them do well on other teams: S-Rod, Amarista, Skaggs, even guys like Chris Resop.

What amoeba brain in the MLB FO decided it was funny to schedule THREE 2012 post-season teams for the first 9 games of the season?

then let the Rangers off easy starting off against sucky teams like Astros and the Angels :SMH:

My opinion, yes some fans do root against prospects their favorite team trades because they want the team they root for to "win" the trade. I don't do this but many do. But my favorite team isn't the Angels, or any other MLB team, it is the Salt Lake Bees and with two exceptions (Bobby Jenks and AJ Pierzynski) I root for all of the players that play for Salt Lake on their way to big leagues.