• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No Doubt

TroutBaseball

Its a no brainer Mike Trout. Once his name is announced as the MVP this year, we can all look back on this and the people who are confident will be proven right and the ones doubting will still make their argument that it wasn't a no brainer.

Sorry he regressed this season to .280, 30+ HR, 100+ RBI, 100+ runs, 15+ SBs, gold glove defense, 80 + BB. What a crappy season. Must suck to set the bar so high that even when you have an MVP caliber year, some people consider it a down year and regression and not MVP worthy.

Ok, I am getting into a debate for the sake of debating and I do too often on this board.  So I will do you all a favor and show restraint.

I am not saying Trout is not deserving of the MVP award.  I just don't think he is a runaway because his numbers this year mere mortal instead of unworldly.  

However, IF the teams success plays a factor in getting the MVP than I him or Martinez should get it.  Look over all the numbers I would say Trout should be favored.  I also think MLB is ordaining Mike to be the new face of baseball (to replace Jeter).  Therefore if he is close (and he currently is) they will give it to him.  They could have given the AS MVP to Cabrera but they chose Trout for a reason.

However, IF, the teams success should not play a factor (like so many argued in Trouts' favor the last two year) and look at only who is having a better year, than it should go to Abreu.