• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Need a little help with some info.

stormngt

A couple of years ago the Angels drafted a pitcher out of the International draft.  I believe he was from Venezuela.  The initial reports was they were very high on him as a prospect.  Anyone know who I am talking about.  I can't remember the guys name.  I do know we talked about him on angelswin.

Ricardo Sanchez?

Here's his MILB website.   He's still only 17.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=645307#/career/R/pitching/2014/ALL

Thanks....now can you give me feedback on what happened to Sappington.  A year ago I was under the impression they were high on him as a starter.  Now I hear the moved him to the pen?

Sappington proved to not have the command to be a starter.    He was demoted to high-A after struggling in AA, and struggled for 8 more starts before being converted to the pen just after July 4.

Since moving to the pen in high-A:   32 innings, 25 hits, 49/10 Ks/BBs, 3.38 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, although allowing 7 HRs in those 32 innings

Take away one early July relief outing though (4 runs in an inning), and his ERA is 2.32 and WHIP is 0.97 in 31 innings. 

• 3 weeks later...