• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pirates Release Frieri

Diaz15

funny sentence structure. i'm curious, why would you hope he never pitches in the majors again? do you hate him?

Hate is a strong word.  Im just a fan of an MLB team and dont like a guy who blew so many games for us including a huge game 2 save of an ALCS.  There are many people on this site who wish John Lackey's arm would fall off, I am not one of those people.

Hate is a strong word.  Im just a fan of an MLB team and dont like a guy who blew so many games for us including a huge game 2 save of an ALCS.  There are many people on this site who wish John Lackey's arm would fall off, I am not one of those people.

are you referring to Frieri?

You see Frieri traveled back in time, knocked out Fuentes, assumed his identity prior to game time and tried pitching lefthanded for the first time ever that night...which is why he blew the save.

That was the fault of Mathis for calling for a fastball with no movement against arod

Frieri apparently just reverted to prior form.......when we got him from the Padres in 2012, he had just come off a few terrible relief outings and was very ineffective.

then he comes to the Angels, pitches pretty much lights out for the last few months of 2012 and earned the closer's job.

then in 2013 he started out OK in the closer's role before fading and then becoming more ineffective as the season went on.

He starts out as the 2014 closer role but soon proved he wasn't effective in that role any longer and he drops from that to set-up guy to pre set up guy to pen depth guy and finally traded to Pittsburgh when he fairly quickly gets sent out to AAA and now released even with expanded rosters.......wow -- what a tumble.

but in reality, he's probably just back to form and the Halos were fortunate to get as much out of him as they did --

I'd like to see him back in the bigs with someone but I think his best years may be behind him (of course, we said that about Bartolo Colon about 7 years ago, too. But then, Bartolo had some help from 'Mother's Little Helper" -- any one gets the Stones' song reference here?? probably not........geez I feel old).

I hope he never pitches in the Majors again.  But then again its a free country and I can have whatever opinion I want.

funny sentence structure. i'm curious, why would you hope he never pitches in the majors again? do you hate him?

are you referring to Frieri?

Yes that would be the guy who blew Game 2 of the 09 ALCS

ok, now it all makes sense. in case you haven't figured it out already, ernesto frieri and brian fuentes are not the same pitcher. i was wondering how or why you would wish so much negativity for a guy like frieri, who other than collapsing at the end had a very good angels career, however briefly.

This is like one of those stupid Hollywood movies where the daughter and mom trade bodies, or the son and dad trade bodies. I think at some point last season, Jepsen cut off some of Frieri's hair, travelled to some mysterious island in the Caribbean and went to see a voodoo priest. "You said if I could get you some hair from an effective relief pitcher, you would give me the ability to get major league hitters out."
Meanwhile, somewhere in Colombia, Frieri's wondering what the F has happened to him, but buried deep in the corner of Jepsen's locker is a little voodoo doll with a tiny 49 Angels' jersey.

Edited by gurn67