• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Opening Day Sell Out?

Nowani

The bigger concern should be how badly they're struggling to sell tickets.  Given their financial losses last year, this may not be sustainable for very long without 1) raising ticket/concession prices, or 2) shedding payroll.

I'm always amazed when I eavesdrop on other people's conversations at the Big A.  There are people in the stands who think Tim Salmon still plays for the Angels.  Last year somebody asked me if 1B Pujols was related to Albert Pujols with the Cardinals.  No joke.

The point being I don't think Josh Hamilton is going to bring in more revenue. 

This...at the prices they are trying to charge, if we lose the next 2 games there is no chance opening day sells out unless they lower prices.  $50 for upper view seats, get the hell out of here Angels.

Who's dumb enough to pay that? I just got two tix in section 227 for $54 each off Stubhub

I'm always amazed when I eavesdrop on other people's conversations at the Big A.  There are people in the stands who think Tim Salmon still plays for the Angels.  Last year somebody asked me if 1B Pujols was related to Albert Pujols with the Cardinals.  No joke.

Reminds me of a conversation I heard behind me at spring training.  This guy swore the Angels won the world series in 2003.  If I wasn't so hungover from the night before I probably would've chimed in at some point.

its always fun to listen to the guy sitting behind you that knows nothing about baseball trying to explain it to his girlfriend.

Or the girl behind you trying to act like she knows anything... saying Derek Jeter is a sell out for signing with the Yankees...

The bigger concern should be how badly they're struggling to sell tickets.  Given their financial losses last year, this may not be sustainable for very long without 1) raising ticket/concession prices, or 2) shedding payroll.

The point being I don't think Josh Hamilton is going to bring in more revenue. 

Is this all you do is troll threads? I noticed you havent come back to the thread I owned you in showing Angels attendance has averaged about 1 MILLION more per year than the Rangers although the Angels play in a smaller ball park. The Angels have right around 32k season ticket holders this year, I am one of them. 32k season tickets in a park that only holds 45k is nowhere near "struggling" to sell tickets. Learn some math. 

LOL Angels dropping prices again on ticketmaster...view mvp's now $25 + $6.25 ticketmaster fee.  Boy did the Angels misprice their tickets to begin with!

no, they didn't

they made more than enough on the tickets sold at higher prices to cover any unsold tickets

no, they didn't

they made more than enough on the tickets sold at higher prices to cover any unsold tickets

I don't know how many tickets they actually moved at those silly prices.  I would be very interested to see what tickets the Angels sold for what price for this game.  I believe most of the tickets for this game were sold by the Angels as either season tickets, mini plans, or group tickets, all of which are much much cheaper than the single game prices were a couple weeks ago. 

Further, even if the Angels did make more than enough don't you think they will lose the goodwill from those fans who did pay out the nose?  Won't this condition people to wait until the day of the game to buy tickets when the Angels price them the cheapest?  It could cost the Angels a lot in the long run.

Or maybe not so silly of a question, a little over 10 hours till game time and still a lot of tickets left:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09004A39A6F4547C?artistid=805892&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=10&tm_link=search_msg-0_09004A39A6F4547C

The team takes unused tickets and flips them to a school or charity, and writes it off as a sell out and a deduction.   Theoretically, they can drop the tickets to $1 each and by the remaining 3000.   

Bob doesn't get that the Angels now control all of the season ticket holders seats and as such those that have already paid for their seats are re-selling them through ticketmaster. So the game has probably sold out in terms of those seats that were available for general admission and all that is left is re-sale.

No one is reselling through www.ticketmaster.com Eric.  All resale seats are on www.ticketsnow.com (which has actually now stopped because of the 7 hour rule) as well as various other broker sites (stubhub, barrys, 714tickets etc).  The seats that are on ticketmaster.com are the same seats the box office has available.

The team takes unused tickets and flips them to a school or charity, and writes it off as a sell out and a deduction.   Theoretically, they can drop the tickets to $1 each and by the remaining 3000.   

How is a school or charity going to get organized in 6 hours to take a trip to the game?  But yes the dropping of prices is helping them move seats.  If they dropped them all to $1 on ticketmaster it would sellout within 5 min.

It looked like the corner nosebleed seats had some empty seats, but the left field and right field concourses were packed by standing room the entire game. I couldnt imagine watching an entire game from there, but it looked like a party on both sides. With those people it was no doubt a sell out.

It looked like the corner nosebleed seats had some empty seats, but the left field and right field concourses were packed by standing room the entire game. I couldnt imagine watching an entire game from there, but it looked like a party on both sides. With those people it was no doubt a sell out.

That was the most empty Seats I had ever seen on Opening day at Angels Stadium in the last 10 years. in the 4th inning in section 503 and 504 area it appeared they were only half full. All throughout the stadium lots of empty seats. Probably season seat holders who decided to not go to the game at all becasue these were in season seat areas. Two hours before game time I checked the Angels website and you could still buy 2 seats in just about any part of the stadium you wanted. In the outfield section 236 the top 7 rows were mostly available for sale. At the game, those top rows were mostly empty so they definitly did not sell to walk ups. I find it interesting they would call that a sell out. Sounds like "fuzzy math" to me. There must be a business reason for them to declare that a sell-out even though it wasn't. Can someone with business background chime and and explain the advantage for doing that.

I can see them buying tickets and giving them away but like a previous poster mentioned who are you going to give them away to? Charities and organization have to plan for stuff like this.