• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Opening Day Sell Out?

Nowani

I'm looking at the number of tickets still on sale at Angels website and it appears they still have thousands of tickets unsold. Has Opening Day the last 2-5 years been a sell out? If opening day does not sell out that is not a good sign for the Angels Organization and Ball Park Revenue Especially with all the big signings. 

Is the variable pricing a bad idea? Is is better to sell out the stadium with standard pricing or to get a premium price for certain games but leave thousands of seats unsold?

They just released a bunch, just like they have for years. A week ago there was only the last couple rows of the upper deck and all the obstructed view seats in right field on the field level.

It'll be a sellout, no one knows that they released a bunch of tickets yet. Held a lot back for groups, new Season Seat Holders, and players if they want friends and family tickets.

I'm looking at the number of tickets still on sale at Angels website and it appears they still have thousands of tickets unsold. Has Opening Day the last 2-5 years been a sell out? If opening day does not sell out that is not a good sign for the Angels Organization and Ball Park Revenue Especially with all the big signings. 

Is the variable pricing a bad idea? Is is better to sell out the stadium with standard pricing or to get a premium price for certain games but leave thousands of seats unsold?

Opening day last year was announced as a sell out but they had tickets available at the box office at game time that went unsold.  Years prior had all been sell outs because Angels didn't charge out the ass for opening day like they do now.  Another  problem is this year our opening day doesn't open the season and its on a Tuesday night instead of a Friday night.

Here's something hilarious:  The face value of my Opening Day tickets is....$200.

The Angels gotta be careful about some of this pricing.  There's alot of people who don't understand how the Angels pricing scheme works.  As a season ticket holder, I didn't pay $200 for Opening Day tickets, but I can imagine a more passive attendee thinking, 'yowza!  Going to a game is alot more expensive than I thought it would be.  Last time I go to a game, I guess.' 

This...at the prices they are trying to charge, if we lose the next 2 games there is no chance opening day sells out unless they lower prices.  $50 for upper view seats, get the hell out of here Angels.

Well what do you know, Angels lowered prices on ticketmaster for opening day.

2010 wasn't a true sellout either. I picked my tickets up two minutes before the first pitch and asked, out of curiosity, if there were tickets left. The woman told me there were 'heaps', which was far from a surprise given how few people were there.