• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels ain't won nothing thus far! The wary thread.

DowningRules

this thread once again proving that our fan base, at least those in this forum, are among the most negative in the game...

Angels fans are the most negative in MLB in other forums as well.

Lately Oakland fans are joining in on the negativity too :)

arguments between people who think the Cespedes trade destroyed the team and want beane fired and those who insist it was fine and the slump is a coincidence are as heated as any failo vs nutswinger skirmish here.

Edited by ScottLux

i understand frustration at times when the team under  achieves, i myself have called them out for not seeming to care at times,  last year i would have gotten it, but seriously, what the hades do we have to bitch about right now?  some of you keep waiting for the shoe to drop instead of enjoying the ride.

i dont know if its bandwagon asshats since '02 or what, but this fan base never used to be like this till recent years.. its like we have a bunch of dodger fan rejects or something.. sheesh

I don't get the thread. We have a good team, but nobody says anything is won.

To me anyway, that was what DR was referring to.    Be proud of the team, but don't count the chickens before hatching.

This is a different, more experienced team than in 1995, and thus that shouldn't happen.

This isn't the chicken and beer Red Sox of 2011, and thus that tank shouldn't happen.

Just keep playing as they have since May, and be proud of the grit factor with this team, that is the main goal right now.  

Edited by Angel Oracle

Angels fans are the most negative in MLB in other forums as well.

Lately Oakland fans are joining in on the negativity too :)

arguments between people who think the Cespedes trade destroyed the team and want beane fired and those who insist it was fine and the slump is a coincidence are as heated as any failo vs nutswinger skirmish here.

It is pretty coincidental, given that the 9-18 record started shortly after the trade went down.

The irony though is that Lester is needed, with Gray possibly running up against an innings pitched wall, 2010 Kazmir returning, and Hammel being Hammel. 

But again, which is more important?   The every day player who brings swagger to the lineup?   Or the solid start 1 games out of every 5 games starter?

It is pretty coincidental, given that the 9-18 record started shortly after the trade went down.

The irony though is that Lester is needed, with Gray possibly running up against an innings pitched wall, 2010 Kazmir returning, and Hammel being Hammel. 

But again, which is more important?   The every day player who brings swagger to the lineup?   Or the solid start 1 games out of every 5 games starter?

Ultimately Lester was brought in to pitch game 1 of the division series, not with the regular season in mind. If the A's end up losing the wild card game it will be a big disaster. Worse than us getting Greinke IMO.

The playoffs are a crapshoot. I don't think anybody here thinks we're a shoe in for the WS. I am one of those here who do believe the division is already locked up though, and no 1995 hysteria is going to change my mind.

I'd put my house, my left nut and my favorite signed autograph of Bill Cosby on that one.

why is the right nut always so special?

I was there too, a fan through it all.  I saw a young, promising.Bobby V. break his leg crashing into the left field wall.   I was a fan when Frank Tanana was drawing comparisons to Koufax, only to be derailed to arm injuries.  I remember the tragedy of Mike Miley and the playoff collapses of '81, '86, and then the collapse of '95. However,  it's that history that makes seasons like this so much fun, regardless of the outcome.  Just this season alone, the Angels have been written off numerous times.  Before the start of the season, we didn't have enough starting pitching.  In April and May, the BP was a joke.  In July, Oakland and Detroit were declared "Super teams" and the favorites to be playing in the ALCS.  Finally, we were written off again with the injury to Richards.  But here we are, with only 20 games left to play, with a 7 game lead over Oakland, and the best record in baseball. My favorite part is hearing the disappointing tones of every analyst on ESPN and the MLB Network over this turn of events. I will always consider this one of the best Angels seasons ever. 

you should post more

I used to think this and then I decided to check out boards from other teams.

Pretty much the same everywhere

I wish other people would do this.

AW is tame compared to a lot of other places. Pretty sure I once read a post on a Dodgers board wishing death on one of their players. And a lot of people agreed with him.