• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels ain't won nothing thus far! The wary thread.

DowningRules

The division is wrapped up and yes its already won.  Time to just keep playing good baseball and clinch as early as possible.

I think I speak for everyone though in saying that the playoffs are going to be a crapshoot like always.  The bats must stay hot, and Weaver/Shoemaker/Santiago must perform the way they have been recently.  The World Series is always a long shot, but now is as good a time as ever because there is not a single team in the American League that really jumps out and scares you and every team has a worse offense than ours with more holes in their lineup.  Baltimore, Oakland, Seattle, Detroit, KC, are all extremely beatable teams.  The Angels seem to be the one true powerhouse team even without their ace.

Edited by QuinlansMinion

for christs sake do we really need to be reminded of every failure in team history every other day.. essentially 95?

Call me crazy, but unless youve only been a fan since '02, we know, we get it, and some of really dont want to read it any more.

You know what im sick of you darn kids and your rebellious attitude you freaking pansies you better quit it or else ya hear!!!!

I was there too, a fan through it all.  I saw a young, promising.Bobby V. break his leg crashing into the left field wall.   I was a fan when Frank Tanana was drawing comparisons to Koufax, only to be derailed to arm injuries.  I remember the tragedy of Mike Miley and the playoff collapses of '81, '86, and then the collapse of '95. However,  it's that history that makes seasons like this so much fun, regardless of the outcome.  Just this season alone, the Angels have been written off numerous times.  Before the start of the season, we didn't have enough starting pitching.  In April and May, the BP was a joke.  In July, Oakland and Detroit were declared "Super teams" and the favorites to be playing in the ALCS.  Finally, we were written off again with the injury to Richards.  But here we are, with only 20 games left to play, with a 7 game lead over Oakland, and the best record in baseball. My favorite part is hearing the disappointing tones of every analyst on ESPN and the MLB Network over this turn of events. I will always consider this one of the best Angels seasons ever. 

Theoretically, every minute spent here is a waste of time that could be spent doing something more important. 

go ask john lennon about wasted time.

i'll give you the shortcut: time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Edited by ukyah

go ask john lennon about wasted time.

i'll give you the shortcut: time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Then why refer to it as being wasted time that is enjoyed? This saying needs to be more eloquently stated. Please contact Mr. Lennon via medium and rework it. We look forward to your follow up. Thank you.

I swear to god you and stradling are the ****ing worst. It was a well written post and many of us can relate to the sentiment but you asshats just have to continue your stupid crusade to call out anyone and anything that doesn't conform to what you guys feel you should be reading. Stfu already. Bunch of freaking pansies.

Wait a second.....I thought I was the worst?????

I'm looking forward to Oakland and Seattle using their aces (Lester and Felix) in a one game playoff and then being only to pitch one game (game three) in a best of five series. 

Just so the winner can go with their second ACE in game 1 of the ALDS? 

To be honest, I would prefer to lose best record to Baltimore so we would play the AL Central winner in the ALDS.  If we win the division early we should rest our starters and hope for Baltimore to win.

Just so the winner can go with their second ACE in game 1 of the ALDS? 

To be honest, I would prefer to lose best record to Baltimore so we would play the AL Central winner in the ALDS.  If we win the division early we should rest our starters and hope for Baltimore to win.

And play 4 of 7 on the East coast? No thanks. I'd rather have home field.

This is a public service announcement from an Angel fan who -- like so many others here -- has lived through way too much heartbreak with the Angels.  From '79 to "one more game 'til the World Series" in 1982, to "one more strike 'til the World Series" in 1986.  And of course, the one game tie-breaker in 1995.

I've lived through Joe Rudi's broken hand, Lyman Bostock's murder, Mo Vaughn's girth/dugout two-step, Terry Collins, Adam Riggs, and Bruce Bochte.  And Don Baylor's MVP season in '79 only to return in 2014 to eat it on the first pitch.  And most recently, as if to remind us we are Angels fans, I watched Garret Richards go down (and it happened in Boston for crying outs!).

I am wary of gloating about the Angels present record.  I am wary of thinking they're a shoe-in for the playoffs.  I am wary of the Angels performing well IF they do make the playoffs (who remembers the M's 116 win season with the fancy flag flying in right field at Safeco?)  And who else remembers how the Ms and those 116 wins did in the playoffs?

I am wary of kicking the A's while they're down (except Kazmir who deserves an ocean of bad luck for pissing away the hours while with the Angels).  

I am wary of peaking at the wrong time, if that is such a thing.  I am wary of anything other than playing OGAAT.

The Angels haven't won the west.  They haven't clinched even a wild card spot.  Not that I'm not going to get down with the creative countdown thread, but I am just plain wary.  

There's enough baseball left for the Angels to remind us how hard it is for a team to reach the post-season, then get through even the first round.  And the Angels will make you wary of pre-mature Angel-aculation.  

Let's consider this before we piss off the Baseball gods too much.  These gods seem to have a standing reservation at the Big A, but luckily, have been recently busy with Texas and especially Oakland.  I worry that the Baseball gods will conclude their long road trip in Anaheim in October.  They make me wary.

I think it is silly that some actually believe their are "baseball gods".  I use the term in jest.  However, I do believe in Karma.  I also believe when you start disrespecting opponents they teach you a lesson.  So I agree we haven't won the division yet.  In 2008 the Padres won 13 of 14 games to force a one game playoff.  If the A's win 13 straight to end the season (3 wins against the Angels) it is possible for them to catch us as we play Seattle 7 times.  It is possible...Probable??? NO.  

However DR does respect the crazy history of the Angels as do I.  I have been an Angel fan since 72.  If we do lose the division it will be a monumental collapse equal to any in Angel history.  That said, I do not see how we are not guaranteed into the playoffs.  We are 9 up for WC with 20 to go.  I think it is safe we have that wrapped up.  If we lose that than Scioscia must go.  And you guys all know how much I support Scioscia.

I am also quite sick of the fear of Felix/Lester or any other so-called aces

Last game against felix he didnt beat us, we also recently beat every ace on the a's staff in one weekend.
If we cant beat an ace in the post season we arent going to get very far anyway so im not gonna live in fear of that.  weve beaten them before, we can again.
all many of these teams have is thier aces, we may not have an ace to counter with, but weve got a far more balanced team and are capable of winning games in many ways without just having an ace.

I was there too, a fan through it all.  I saw a young, promising.Bobby V. break his leg crashing into the left field wall.   I was a fan when Frank Tanana was drawing comparisons to Koufax, only to be derailed to arm injuries.  I remember the tragedy of Mike Miley and the playoff collapses of '81, '86, and then the collapse of '95. However,  it's that history that makes seasons like this so much fun, regardless of the outcome.  Just this season alone, the Angels have been written off numerous times.  Before the start of the season, we didn't have enough starting pitching.  In April and May, the BP was a joke.  In July, Oakland and Detroit were declared "Super teams" and the favorites to be playing in the ALCS.  Finally, we were written off again with the injury to Richards.  But here we are, with only 20 games left to play, with a 7 game lead over Oakland, and the best record in baseball. My favorite part is hearing the disappointing tones of every analyst on ESPN and the MLB Network over this turn of events. I will always consider this one of the best Angels seasons ever. 

The Angels weren't in the playoffs in '81, they were 13 games back in the standings. I'm sure you're meaning '82 where they lost to Harvey's Wallbangers (the Brewers) after taking the first 2 games of a best of 5.

I don't think DR is assuming the worst, I think he is just being more apprehensive because of it. I have no doubt his view of the past doesn't keep him from enjoying this season.

This is a pretty good summary.  I'm still enjoying the hell out of this season. Yet, I don't intend to celebrate anything until the Angels clinch.  You can be excited for the team and celebrate once they've/if they clinch the West, the ALCS and so on.  It doesn't make me a 'downer' nor does it make me negative.  

For the record:  DR don't really think there is such a thing as a baseball god.  It's all good.  I don't plan to join ISIS either.  I will remain loyal to this country's judeo-Christian values.

Buy the ticket, enjoy the ride.

There are no sports Gods or karma.  Maybe you have some influence when you are at the game, cheering, "10th man" on the field and all that but what is posted on a message board will have zero effect to what happens on the field.  Been a fan since '76 and have seen the worst like most of you but what I remember most now is 2002 and what has happened afterwards.  '79, '82, '86, '95...these all give the franchise "character" when we're discussing "how it used to be" stories with fans of other teams, kind of like Richard Dreyfus, Roy Schneider, and Robert Shaw in "Jaws" comparing scars..."Show me the way to go home..." 

The record says their the best team in baseball which is culled from facing and beating the best in MLB, Aces and Stiffs.  Think about '10 - '13 and try to enjoy the fun while its here now.