• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

September 7th, 2013, 2008 etc...

Angelsjunky

After today the Angels will be 87-55 with 20 games to play.

Last year, on September 7th, the Angels were 67-74. Boy, what a different year.

By comparison, in 2008--the franchise best record of 100-62--the Angels were 86-56 on Sept 7, one game worse than this year.

To win 100 games, the Angels will need to go 13-7 the rest of the way - certainly seems doable.

Did ANY ONE predict the Angels would have a good shot at 100 games this year? (Aside from the usual nutswingers, that is). I was trying to find a prediction thread but couldn't. I believe I gave a range of 87-93 wins, and was probably considered optimistic. But they've reached the low end of that range...with 20 games left to play.

Yep, crazy turnaround for sure.

Its obvious how much we lacked pitching wise, and what a difference a bullpen makes. I think the best part about this team is its not just the trout show. And without garret, plenty of other guys have stepped up. Its 25 guys making this team go. (Well 24, not so much hamilton).

After today the Angels will be 87-55 with 20 games to play.

Last year, on September 7th, the Angels were 67-74. Boy, what a different year.

By comparison, in 2008--the franchise best record of 100-62--the Angels were 86-56 on Sept 7, one game worse than this year.

To win 100 games, the Angels will need to go 13-7 the rest of the way - certainly seems doable.

Did ANY ONE predict the Angels would have a good shot at 100 games this year? (Aside from the usual nutswingers, that is). I was trying to find a prediction thread but couldn't. I believe I gave a range of 87-93 wins, and was probably considered optimistic. But they've reached the low end of that range...with 20 games left to play.

I predicted a win total in the mid to high 80s, third place finish in the division behind the A's and the Rangers. 

I didn't predict, but not remotely surprised.

Between the injuries and the timely poor performances nothing came close to clicking last year or had a chance to take off.

This team has talent, they did last year too. The pitching has overachieved (or maybe they are where they need to be, we just had absolute subpar pitching last year on all fronts), but the offense should have done this last year.

With this recent push, I'm thinking less about regular season wins than setting up pitching rotation for playoffs and having position players fresh and ready....gasp...wasn't expecting it but, since we're here, hell let's think about how to win it all...

I always thought it was possible that we'd have a year where everything went ridiculously right and we'd be one of the best teams. So in my head that was Pujols and Hamilton bouncing back to their glory days, Weaver and Wilson turning into their former ace-like selves and Frieri and Burnett leading a dominant bullpen. The crazy thing is that none of that has really happened. Pujols and Hamilton have been better, but not really by much. Weaver has been decent, Wilson terrible and Frieri and Burnett provided significant negative value and no value respectively.

Going into every season, there's about 20 teams who could be really good if everything goes right for them. What's crazy about this team is we've had more than our fair share go wrong and have still done so much better than realistic expectations. It's been real fun to watch.

I predicted 94 and a WC-1 birth.  Right now I'm thinking 98.  I'm still thinking Oakland wins 93 or so. 

93? I doubt they even hit 90 wins at this point.

In order for Oakland to rack up 93 wins they would need to finish 13-7. I just don't see that happening at this point, they have not able to play .500 ball for over a month.

This.

I was thinking mid 80s in wins.   Never did I think this would happen so soon, although looking back the potential was probably there.

JeDi was masterful in building this pen.    Lost a few Rondons in the process, but it has paid off.

EVERY serious WS contender has a strong pen.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I think most predictions factored in a healthy Texas team in the west...

The Angels have definitely exceeded my expectations.  I thought a lot of things had to go right for them to be good and even though not everything has gone perfectly well - they win anyway. 

I love this team.