• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread - Angels @ Twins - 9/7/14

Chimi

I didn't say it validated my opinion. Like I said, proving how he hits against good teams wasn't my point. It's more about playing in meaningful games down the stretch and in the playoffs. High pressure situations.

These are meaningful games but so far you haven't presented anything in the way of facts that say his future performance will be a problem.

The last true playoff team the Angels had was 2009 where Kendrick, in the "meaningful games" of a playoff hunt batted July .387 August .328 Sept .339. 

The Red Sox were a blowout sweep but in the playoffs against the Yankees, true crunch time for the Pennant, he hit .286/.333/.643/.976.

I gave you a chance to prove yourself right and all you did was back peddle and provide nothing in the way of facts.

Next time please come prepared.

These are meaningful games but so far you haven't presented anything in the way of facts that say his future performance will be a problem.

The last true playoff team the Angels had was 2009 where Kendrick, in the "meaningful games" of a playoff hunt batted July .387 August .328 Sept .339.

The Red Sox were a blowout sweep but in the playoffs against the Yankees, true crunch time for the Pennant, he hit .286/.333/.643/.976.

I gave you a chance to prove yourself right and all you did was back peddle and provide nothing in the way of facts.

Next time please come prepared.

Oh I see you failed to mention 2008 when he hit .118 with a .235 OPS. 7 strikeouts in 19 plate appearances. And the sweep against Boston in 09' he only had 5 ABs so its moot.

But your going to base your entire argument on one series when had done practically nothing in the postseason to that point. BTW 1 Hr, 1 RBI in that EPIC playoff series against the Yanks. You can cherry pick any numbers you want to prove your point.

Yes these are meaningful games in the fact that every game counts but not meaningful as in must win games. Not hard to make that distinction.

Also I never predicted that his future performance would be a problem. My point was that I'm not ready to proclaim him clutch based on a few games versus the Twins when we have a six game lead.

Yea I'm guessing stats from 2008 are more relevant than what he's doing right now.

He's the one that brought up old playoff stats to try to prove his point. All I'm saying is if your gonna keep bringing up the Howie is unclutch subject in a sarcastic way, you might wanna pick a better time to do it than when we're blowing out the Twins and their bad pitching and have a 6 game lead.

Oh I see you failed to mention 2008 when he hit .118 with a .235 OPS. 7 strikeouts in 19 plate appearances. And the sweep against Boston in 09' he only had 5 ABs so its moot.

But your going to base your entire argument on one series when had done practically nothing in the postseason to that point. BTW 1 Hr, 1 RBI in that EPIC playoff series against the Yanks. You can cherry pick any numbers you want to prove your point.

Yes these are meaningful games in the fact that every game counts but not meaningful as in must win games. Not hard to make that distinction.

Also I never predicted that his future performance would be a problem. My point was that I'm not ready to proclaim him clutch based on a few games versus the Twins when we have a six game lead.

No I am not basing anything on what Kendrick did in 2009 or 2008. That was 5 and 6 years ago respectively. What I did do is provide an actual playoff year for the Angels and his contribution which was in direct contrast to your statements that he is not good during crunch time.  If you want to key on 19 at bats in 2008 for your defense, good luck getting all of that board support for your line of thinking.

The fact is he is about the most boringly consistent player on the Angels roster for the last 9 seasons he has played. His splits for high, average and low leverage situational hitting is almost exactly the same across the board, a mid .750 OPS. With RISP he is a .750 OPS hitter. For his career he is a .750 OPS hitter.

He has played to the same neutral stats his entire career. You obviously are concerned about the wrong player.

No I am not basing anything on what Kendrick did in 2009 or 2008. That was 5 and 6 years ago respectively. What I did do is provide an actual playoff year for the Angels and his contribution which was in direct contrast to your statements that he is not good during crunch time. If you want to key on 19 at bats in 2008 for your defense, good luck getting all of that board support for your line of thinking.

The fact is he is about the most boringly consistent player on the Angels roster for the last 9 seasons he has played. His splits for high, average and low leverage situational hitting is almost exactly the same across the board, a mid .750 OPS. With RISP he is a .750 OPS hitter. For his career he is a .750 OPS hitter.

He has played to the same neutral stats his entire career. You obviously are concerned about the wrong player.

"No I am not basing anything on what Kendrick did in 2009 or 2008." Yes, you are basing your argument against my point on one playoff series 5 years ago.

Also, Im not posting my opinions to gain supporters. Dont know why you would think that. Just my opinions.

If you want to "key in" on 15 PA in one playoff series in 09' to prove your point it's the same as me bringing up 08' where he was horrible and actually had 4 more PA than that Yankees series. Yes those games were a long time ago.

Howie hasn't gained the reputation of GIDP's and choking in crucial situations for nothing. He's earned that rep more and more recently in the past couple of years. So it's not as if its a total apparition.

Is Howie pretty consistent and a solid player? Yes. Are there a lot worse 2nd basemen out there? Yes. Would I want Howie up in a must win with the game on the line? Hell no