• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's time to pull the plug on Boesch

I'd use Cron at DH. He can put you in the board with one swing. Oddly, only Trout, Pujols and to an extent Calhoun fit that description. We have plenty they can make contact, plenty that can run, plenty that can defend, but are a little short on power at the moment.

If Hamilton and Freese hit for the power that was expected of them I'd go with Cowgill though.

Cron has a pretty good swing -- streaky hitter.

Looked good when he first came up but I think he suffered that second time through the league stuff (somewhat quicker than most) because it seemed despite his good looking swing, pitchers found the hole it in fairly fast and his production plummeted.

Boesch? He's a 4-A player at this point and is only up because the roster is expanded.........

his playing time should be limited to some PH duty and maybe a PR here and there.......don't think he's much with the glove in OF.  Not terrible, just not good, either.

I don't get the Boesch thing.  It's not like he's some vet that has a recent history of success who deserves at bats to iron things out.  Having Ibanez in the lineup was more justifiable. 

he has six hits and a walk in 51pa.  He's part of a group of players that get a quick look to see if you can catch lightning in a bottle.  If he doesn't instantly produce, you move on. 

Cron is a totally different animal.  24yo rookie with tremendous power who is finding his way.  With the lead we now have, he should be in the lineup every day at this point.  Not on D though.  He's a horrible defender.  Beyond awful actually. 

I wish I knew what Sosh sees in Boesch, especially with the deep bench available to him to use.

He saw a monster year in AAA, hoping it would translate....so far, obviously, it hasn't....and the sample size is getting bigger....I thought he might really seize the day, as somebody said in a movie once, but he certainly hasn't.....