• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ron Washington resigns as Rangers manager

bloodbrother

Cool that people freak out when Hamilton's demons come up but are perfectly fine mentioning others.

These faults are not related to baseball but affect these men as humans. We all possess faults of our own. If Hamilton is off limits (as he should be) then Washington should be as well. His problems on the field should give us more than enough to discuss.

good point.

We seem to have become a lot more tolerant of hamiltons bullshit now that hes with us. Weve accepted (to a point) his decline...remember when we laughed and made jokes about him getting drunk and tagging college girls in a bar?...when he was hitting 40 home runs...

Hope for washington its more of a 'im not happy here anymore' thing and not something more serious. He seemed like a good clubhouse manager. Maybe not the best strategist, but a good boss so to speak

Cool, same here. Didn't mean to be rude. 

Btw, did Mo Vaugn really drop the comment that is in your signature? 

Yeah -- the link is bad but this was basically the entirety of his comments -- Dude went after Percy really hard too...  My favorite part of his rant is how he talked up having been to the playoffs twice, and his MVP.  An MVP he didn't deserve but an MVP he won because Albert Belle was universally hated by the BBWA.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0326/1358287.html

Don't disrespect Mo Vaughn's leadership.

That's precisely what Anaheim Angels closer Troy Percival did in a Los Angeles Times article published Sunday, and his comments triggered an expletive-filled rage from Vaughn when he heard about it, the New York Post reported.

"Let me say this: Who the (expletive) is Troy Percival?" Vaughn bellowed Monday morning when interviewed by the newspaper. "What has he done in this game?

"Has he led his team to a pennant? Has he ever (expletive) pitched in a big game that meant something?"

Vaughn quickly hit the roof when he heard that Percival said in the Times story, "We may miss Mo's bat, but we won't miss his leadership. Darin Erstad is our leader."

A handful of Mets teammates watched in astonishment as Vaughn began venting a stream of 35 expletives in about 10 minutes.

"This guy talks so much (expletive), and he hasn't even done (expletive)," Vaughn said of Percival. "He has the right to evaluate and analyze people, but what the hell has he done to deserve that right?

"He hasn't done (expletive) to lead them anywhere. I got hardware, I got playoff appearances, I got an MVP. I've been to the playoffs twice. What the hell has he done? Who the hell is he?"

The more Vaughn reflected on the Angels, the more his frustration flowed. The 34-year-old, who began his All-Star career with the Red Sox, signed with Anaheim after the 1998 season but spent three injury-plagued years out West.

"I tried to be cool here. I tried to be nice of this whole situation concerning the Angels all the way around," Vaughn told the Post. "Ain't none of them done a damn thing in this damn game, bottom line.

"They ain't got no flags hanging at friggin' Edison Field, so the hell with them."

The Los Angeles Times article described how the Angels expected to fill last year's leadership void. Vaughn missed the year with a ruptured biceps tendon in his left arm, and Erstad struggled through a divorce. The article noted that some teammates were critical that Vaughn "dallied" in the clubhouse during a late-season fight with Cleveland in 2000. There was also an allegation from an unnamed source that Vaughn went to Angels president Tony Tavares to get manager Terry Collins removed a few years ago, going over the head of former general manager Bill Bavasi at the time.

"I went out there and played when I didn't have to play," Vaughn said. "That organization frickin' destroyed my arm.

"They did a lot of (expletive) that I never even spoke about, and all I keep hearing from these people is this and that.

"I kept playing, they had surgery on (the arm) and infected it again. I had to rehab my whole situation by myself. So the Angels, they better leave me alone."

Vaughn saved his worst for Percival.

"(Expletive) Troy Percival. He ain't done (expletive) to be talking about anybody," Vaughn told the Post. "And he's a (expletive) pitcher, too.

"You don't even (expletive) play every (expletive) day and you're sitting there talking about position players who play every day."

Edited by Inside Pitch

Only he and his organization know why he left but if it was really because he wasn't up to the task of rebuilding the team then he could have at least finished the season with the team. B*tch move if That's the case. Anyway I think the Rangers are better off without him.

it's pretty obvious that this isn't the case. i'm not sure why you keep making a point about a situation that obviously doesn't exist, specifically in regards to the rebuild/bitch move narrative.

This entire situation is very odd.  The Rangers organization, has said that its not related to any substance abuse issues.  Galloway or one of the other Rangers' beat writers tweeted that Wash told him flat out that neither himself nor his wife are having any health issues something that Mac Engel of the Star-Telegram has also gone on record as having heard directly from Jon Daniels.   Ranger fans saying it might be a marital fidelity issue of some kind.

Already talk of him possibly taking a position in either Houston or SD.

Edited by Inside Pitch

This entire situation is very odd.  The Rangers organization, has said that its not related to any substance abuse issues.  Galloway or one of the other Rangers' beat writers tweeted that Wash told him flat out that neither himself nor his wife are having any health issues something that Mac Engel of the Star-Telegram has also gone on record as having heard directly from Jon Daniels.   Ranger fans saying it might be a marital fidelity issue of some kind but the whole thing is just odd. 

Already talk of him possibly taking a position in either Houston or SD.

if there really is no drug or health issues of any kind, then i take back everything i've said. that would make it extremely odd and some of the other theories begin to have some merit. the tone of the press conference and the letter he wrote seemed to scream of health issues of some kind.

it's pretty obvious that this isn't the case. i'm not sure why you keep making a point about a situation that obviously doesn't exist, specifically in regards to the rebuild/bitch move narrative.

Keep making a point? It was my only post to this matter and it is my take on it that he left early to pursue a job elsewhere. I may be wrong but that's my opinion.

Edited by SoCALkid

if there really is no drug or health issues of any kind, then i take back everything i've said. that would make it extremely odd and some of the other theories begin to have some merit. the tone of the press conference and the letter he wrote seemed to scream of health issues of some kind.

A lot of things about the presser indicated some form of conflict between Washington and the front office. One of the owners said he was "disappointed" by Washington's decision and Daniels hesitated when a reporter asked if things were amicable between the two. My guess would be that Washington felt disrespected and the tension just came to a head. He probably saw what happened to Bo Porter and wanted to save face. Even the players don't know why he quit which speaks volumes about the situation. 

Weird isn't it?   Seems like there might be some serious infighting in Texas.  Ownership isn't talking to each other, Daniels is on some mad power rush, people bolting left and right.   Washington's exit may be completely innocuous, but the timing is so odd and the fact that the players were completely caught off guard is a trip.

Edited by Inside Pitch

The stuff about Daniels being power-hungry and the alleged spat between the owners is just crap propagated by hacks like Randy Galloway. 

Patently false...  etc etc...     Jon Daniels record of alienating and pushing people away seems to speak for itself.   Ryan, Kinsler, Young, Hamilton,  they must all be full of crap too.

Funny how nobody disputed Galloway's account of Daniels going into the clubhouse to berate the team and call out Beltre.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Daniels didn't alienate anyone by replacing Young at 3rd base, trading Kinsler, and refusing to present serious offers to certain players.  That's just normal GM business. These grievances say more about the types of personalities he's dealt with.

As far as the shit with Beltre goes, Evan Grant has already debunked the allegation. This idea that Daniels walked into the locker room and berated the best player on the team and one of the nicest guys in baseball is so completely laughable. A lot of the stuff Galloway says is so absurd that I probably wouldn't address it either if I worked for the Rangers organization. 

Daniels didn't alienate anyone by replacing Young at 3rd base, trading Kinsler, and refusing to present serious offers to certain players.  That's just normal GM business. These grievances say more about the types of personalities he's dealt with.

As far as the shit with Beltre goes, Evan Grant has already debunked the allegation. This idea that Daniels walked into the locker room and berated the best player on the team and one of the nicest guys in baseball is so completely laughable. A lot of the stuff Galloway says is so absurd that I probably wouldn't address it either if I worked for the Rangers organization. 

I don't man.  there seems to be some smoke here with Daniels as the common denominator. 

Texas needs to really take a step back and do some re-organization/ re-building.

Nolan Ryan had the team contending not that long ago, then he left the ownership group/ front office and things seemed to fall apart.

This franchise has too much potential (decent market except for it's football season down there about 12 and a half months of the year LOL!). to be struggling like they have this year.

If Washington leaving is the start of a purge/ re-building, this franchise may be back sooner than later.