• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rays come under fire for offensive sign

Problem is no one on this board had the loss. They are just mocking the loss of others.

Nice try to spin this though!

No that isn't what is happening at all. People are laughing at a "dark" joke. "Mocking" would imply that they themselves made the joke or are making other jokes at Steve Irwin's expense.

I highly doubt anyone here was directly affected by his death, that happened a long ass time ago. So why does everyone need to get their panties in a wad because of a joke at his expense? Don't think it's funny? Great. Just don't chastise the people who do.

I think the sign was funny.

Look, everybody dies. I don't think Irwin's death was a tragedy. He was doing what he loved to do, what he did his entire life. He risked his life everyday, working with dangerous animals. I would think it be unusual if Irwin died quietly in his sleep one night, rather than by a dangerous animal. The Adenhardt incident was a tragedy. A promising young pitcher on the cusp of his career, killed by a drunk driver. I know the comment was meant as an example, but it wasn't that funny.

I did laugh at the "Mr. Generous" comment, though, so take that how you will.