• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rays come under fire for offensive sign

I can appreciate dark humor, but this seems in extremely poor taste. When you're talking about someone being killed, that probably isn't a good topic for a joke.

or at least not in the public eye.  A major league baseball team might want to be a little more sensitive than that. 

I doubt the mascot could even read it.

It's a pretty weak premise. It would be like a Tigers fan with an anti-Siegfried and Roy sign. People often hide their poor sense of humor by claiming that they're really "dark". It's just a dumb joke that makes little sense.

Well I would say that a sting ray using its only defense mechanism in the wild on Steve Erwin when he voluntarily seam with them knowing the potential dangers and a repeated drunk driver that's 3 times the legal limit running a red light and taking 2 lives and severely injuring another person and affecting thousands of people are two completely different scenarios. Overreact much?

Neither one is funny!  Both incidents left people DEAD.  It doesn't matter if the incident was out of self defense or negligence, it is not funny to mock an incident where people died!

Neither one is funny! Both incidents left people DEAD. It doesn't matter if the incident was out of self defense or negligence, it is not funny to mock an incident where people died!

Funny, most psychologists would probably agree that laughter is a great way to deal with loss.

I doubt the mascot could even read it.

It's a pretty weak premise. It would be like a Tigers fan with an anti-Siegfried and Roy sign. People often hide their poor sense of humor by claiming that they're really "dark". It's just a dumb joke that makes little sense.

what? of course it makes sense

I didn't laugh, but I think people these days overreact to stuff that isn't even that bad. I don't think the sign is that bad.

Especially when there's shows like Teen Mom, or Kesha's Reality Show where she's drinking her own pee, and nobody gives a crap. 

So freaking ass backwards. 

I'm sure someone will show them, and I doubt they'll laugh.

did i say they'd laugh? i said they probably wouldn't care...regardless if its right or worng, do you think they havent dealt with a joke being cracked about him or how he died the past several years?